Carbon door panels drawn up prior to cutting:
image.jpg

Door pull strap slit cut out to the thou to allow an accurate fitment:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

To continue...

Thanks chaps. Slowly getting there, all the small but crucial work is being done currently. Then the final stages of technical Aero, Gearbox, Suspension & Kinematics.

Looking good!

where did you get the carbon sheet?
@Tutuur, carbon sheeting is manufactured by a company in Poland. Honestly one of the best I have seen, Carbontec.

Looking good.

What is your final spec with suspension, engine, box, ecu, etc?

I'm starting mine in the new year, ready for 2017 season.

Top notch work!!! And nice ideas for further weight savings - tar insulation and front airbags - thx!

Last edited:
Had a few moments spare so thought I'd update again.

More weight saving and a general tidy up with all unwanted wirring.

Loom stripped & cut back. All wire that is no-longer needed, i.e rear wiper, heated rear window etc...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1.70KG+ Saving
image.jpg

I see them on eBay but I thought £160 odd was abit exspensive for 2 door cards that I have to attach straps myself and to cut holes for my electric window switches was hoping to buy a sheet myself and make them

I see them on eBay but I thought £160 odd was abit exspensive for 2 door cards that I have to attach straps myself and to cut holes for my electric window switches was hoping to buy a sheet myself and make them

I doubt you will find cheaper for the same or similar quality.
You will also struggle to cut them out to shape with such accuracy from a single/ plain sheet including door handle ovals.

Last edited:
I doubt you will find cheaper for the same or similar quality.
You will also struggle to cut them out to shape with such accuracy from a single/ plain sheet including door handle ovals.

mine is a track car but im not going to chase losing weight so any form of plastic would do i only want some as my original door cards hit on my cage when closing the door

Great build! Will be watching with interest!

exactly where I want to go with my car, however I will be going for the safety devices cage over winter

great job!