Clio 197 Projectors + HIDs?

suj

Paid Member
So I have a pair of Projectors to put on my 197, I have never had HIDs as i've never had projector lenses, i've always had reflector types and I hate when people have them and it blinds the crap out of everyone.

I am now maybe considering some, only for actual visibility as I drive 75miles a day, normally leaving when dark and getting back when dark.

What are people's experience with them? Also any suggestions of ones that they have used?

Thanks in advance.

If it does not involve cutting the looms maybe but still there is the legal part. A good set of legal bulbs and I mean properly fitted in the projectors and beware there is a very fine line for fitting and unless you have the headlights out fitted the bulb and refitted the headlights your never sure if the bulb is in properly it only takes a couple of mm rotated right or left and the beam can be reduced greatly because the bulb is not at 90Deg. to the base plate. Or lets put it another way the law is there to enforce the equipment needed to stop blinding other road users and I'm sure you don't like being blinded by others Xenon headlights you need active automatic levelling and headlight washers and even a little dirt on the lens of your car can greatly reduce the strength of the headlights especially driving home on a wet night in traffic.

I must admit it pisses me off seeing the amount of cars with bulbs out and I mean not even side light bulbs either just one dark corner on the car with no idea what's coming at you for distance estimate is it a bike close or a car far away. And the cops are chasing mobile phones and speeding and most of the time the car has lots of extras like alloys, fancy exhausts etc. and they cant afford a bulb most don't even dip until forced to as they know they cant see with one dipped beam bulb.
upload_2018-3-27_12-44-11.png
upload_2018-3-27_13-26-19.png

Reactions: suj
Yep as I said above I have never had them before as I don't want to blind anyone, hence me asking only now that I have these Projector headlights to go on.
Yes they will be swapped over, so I will be fitting them properly and getting them aligned by the garage, again I hate blinding people.

So looking for kits that others have used / experiences, otherwise I will just stick to Nightbreakers and the like.

I found my night breakers did not seem to last I changed to Philips similar type ones easier to get and cheaper I drive with dipped beam on all the time habit really I drove a black Clio and helped under trees and shadows to be seen ahead. I had a little trouble with the bulbs at the start but with the seating problem sorted all is good I find take the upper light setting down two notches from the top and adjust the lights to the legal limit then if the road is empty at night and you are pushing on you can raise them a little more if required. I just have it as a rule my lights should not be any higher than the back window for the car in front at a safe distance nothing I hate more than seeing the shadow of my head on the roof cloth above me normally means the prat behind has the lights too high.

Ai agree, good quality halogen bulbs with projectors are fine.
I have projectors + Osram nightbreaker ultimate.
Light pattern is just as good it can, and no any mot problems.

I bought these bulbs for my projectors:

medium.jpg

Yeah I had same experience with Nightbreakers in my reflectors, they give good output, but last very little time!

Not sure what to do on this, as it seems not many people go for HIDs, so will just go for uprated bulbs I think.

Ai agree, good quality halogen bulbs with projectors are fine.
I have projectors + Osram nightbreaker ultimate.
Light pattern is just as good it can, and no any mot problems.

I bought these bulbs for my projectors:

View attachment 122125

Antti, I was also thinking of getting LED sidelights, can you remember the code for them please?
Thanks

The side light, as in when you don't turn on dipped beam, maybe it's called parking light in other countries? I think it's a 501?

The bulbs on the left of your pic.