Clio 197 (Nimbus Grey)...Attempt #2

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by suj, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    The G-Techniq stuff is well worth a go mate. I was so impressed with it.

Blown away by that price for your wheels. I'd be interested to know the longevity of the work. My wheels on the M3 are needing doing, they've gone a bit milky over the years. This is very tempting.

suj likes this.

2. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Yeah i've used C5 a lot in the past, rate it highly, after seeing you use C4 I was impressed, then I spoke to my detailing friend, he said just buy a bigger C5 and use it on your trim too, voila :smiley: save some money buying a bigger bottle.

I'll keep you updated, yeah for the price they are cheap.
    You have a CS don't you (so IIRC CSL wheels, but thinner front wheels)? So they are 19s? So price is a little bit more, but not massively.

///M likes this.
  3. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Interesting point about C5 doubling up as C4! Nice to know.

And yeah, CS mate, so same as CSL just half inch narrower on the front. And yeah 19's. Be really interested to know how you get on. My wheels don't really need doing, they're in pretty good condition, only two scuffs, one thanks to my brother! The other all my own work :smiley:

It's just that they've gone a little milky so it would be a nice to have rather than a needed job. Hence me being drawn to your epic bargain!

suj likes this.
  4. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Yeah I didn't know they were the same, C1>C5 is the same apparently and google comes up with the same once he told me (bit of a plug, my mate's detailing website http://www.atd-detailing.co.uk/ more pics on https://www.facebook.com/ATDDetailing/ https://www.instagram.com/_atd_detailing/?hl=en)

Yay my memory works, used to know all the wheel styles on BMWs from previous cars haha (proper geek).
    Haha I know your fastidiousness, so I wouldn't expect anything less mate :wink:

///M likes this.
  5. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Your memory is good mate. I was impressed! Thanks Suj, have a good day mate :thumb:

suj likes this.
  6. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    You too mate :smiley:

///M likes this.
  7. Mark_L

Mark_L Paid Member

197 Cup
    Glad your getting it sorted.

Can't wait to see these on, ideal for me seeing as my cup is nimbus and I'm not too far from Birmingham.

How much darker was the darker shade?

suj likes this.
  8. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Sorry missed this message Mark. Yeah i'll post up some pics once on.

LOL i'm the wrong person to ask about colours, my missus would be like "magenta" and i'm like "no, purple" haha.

They also do more satin ones too for a bit more money, you're welcome to see mine once on and then either go lighter or darker (as mine was in the middle).

Mark_L likes this.
  9. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Impressed with TRS's service for the studs and nuts, I ordered Monday night, they turned up yesterday!

JxhtNKT.jpg

Mark_L, ///M, Micah and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    glad to hear a positive feedback..
    there is a section on the forum for this if you want to post it in there...:thumb:

suj likes this.
  11. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Oopsie.....

pRbwKJ3.jpg

a5hzvDH.jpg

Another set bought, and a standard manifold, I know I beat many people to them, I was working not far from him, and the gent he was he met me at Newport.

Sean197, nick's, ///M and 2 others like this.
  12. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Doncaster
    RB 200 cup
    You bugger :chris2:
    :ban:
    Fair play tho ... was a great bargain

suj and Pav like this.
  13. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    looks like you getting beat on these Chris :200T:

suj likes this.
  14. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Doncaster
    RB 200 cup
    I know gutted... I’m too slow
    :shuv:

suj likes this.
  15. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    so what is it you are looking for exactly??will keep my eye on if it helps?

suj and Beany like this.
  16. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Haha sorry Chris! Normally I am the last to ever find these deals, and for once I was the first, so I was meant to meet him next weekend, but I was working in Cirencester, so he met me.

I will also get them refurbed the same colour and use them as winters I think, especially after this crap winter we had!

Beany likes this.
  17. nick's

nick's Platinum Member

Walsall
    200 Silverstone GP
  18. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    Thanks Nick, loads of ups and downs, in both Clios haha

nick's likes this.
  19. Benno

Benno Gold Member

You down Ciren way a lot or just a one off? Only 10 mins away in Malmesbury!

suj likes this.
  20. suj

suj Gold Member

Birmingham / Warwick
    Nimbus Grey 197
    No way, gutted I used to be when I was in my old team testing (worked in Chassis design) but an old manager asked if I would give a hand, worked out well as I managed to also get the wheels and manifold haha.
    If I am up there next time I will give you a shout Ben, some lovely roads out there, especially at 5am :wink: haha

Benno likes this.