Clio 197 Cup - Time Attack Build Progress

I'd suggest changing the handbrake cables while you're refreshing the rear brakes. Mine was a combination of the calipers being knackered and the cables being partially seized up.

Reactions: Alistair
I'd suggest changing the handbrake cables while you're refreshing the rear brakes. Mine was a combination of the calipers being knackered and the cables being partially seized up.
Thats the plan, just need to get the cables ordered at somepoint as well!

Rear brake calipers look great ~ how much was the refurb roughly and did they supply everything like seals/bolts etc?

You’ll have to give him a message, i try not to discuss prices online just incase

He supplied new slider bolts, and everything else is brands new / the caliper and carrier have been shot blasted and repainted

Reactions: GMballistic
@Alistair did you fit the stud conversion?
I've got a set ready to go on my car but wondered if you knew what nm or ft/lbs they should be torqued up to when fitting into the hub please?

K-Tec racing list on their website their own stud conversion kit which they say "Tighten stud into hub to 15 lb/ft."

I think they've missed a zero off it and it should be 150lb/ft surely?

@Alistair did you fit the stud conversion?
I've got a set ready to go on my car but wondered if you knew what nm or ft/lbs they should be torqued up to when fitting into the hub please?

K-Tec racing list on their website their own stud conversion kit which they say "Tighten stud into hub to 15 lb/ft."

I think they've missed a zero off it and it should be 150lb/ft surely?

No that is correct. I did mine to 25Nm with some Loctite 270 (I think that's the right Loctite anyway) and they've been fine. I just take them out every year and reapply the Loctite.

Might be worth getting yourself an M14x1.5 tap to clean the threads out fully, I did mine with multiple passes of brake cleaner and working a tap in and out to fully clean the threads, then a final bit of brake cleaner, dry with an airline if you can and then Loctite the studs in. I left mine about 24 hours but you can get away with putting the wheels on after a few hours.

Cheers for the replies boys, always nice to see the help being spread about :smiley:

Got some more sorted today, bled the brakes through (ty for the tip @RSRowe ) but i stuck with the 660 as that's what was in the front brakes etc already, bled through twice and the pedals pretty ok, gonna do them again next weekend and see if i can get the pedal to change its feel. Its solid when the cars off and it a stiff pedal when on, but has a good 1" or 2 movement before it aggressively brakes, when the pedal is slammed on it stops on a dime tho, so im not sure if the ABS pump needs doing?

Changed the seats over as well, so the wrap around is now gone and the passenger seat is in its place, with a go kart seat to replace the passenger seat, as per regulations on TA is allowed, so a bit of weight saving there.

1707675066651.png

Few more little bits done

Got the bonnet pins in finally as well as wiring in the cool down light and tidying a lot of the wires up / removing what i dont need. zip tie central inbound but looks a little tidyer now.

Also had a look at fitting my Fortyone brake ducts on, but again ran out of light so did a quick test fit. sit super well and well out the way of the wheel on full lock! .. should help with cooling once i get the hosing sorted.

Have 60 days from today until round one at Anglesey

1708375026721.png

1708375050780.png

(Ignore the grime .. I'll get it cleaned!)
1708375075853.png

Just need to make up a bracket to hang the light on at the rear of the car and its on, super super bright tho!

1708375187297.png

I’ve been chatting to the 41 guy on Instagram and I’m close to buying a pair, good to hear they fit well. Would you recommend?

I’ve been chatting to the 41 guy on Instagram and I’m close to buying a pair, good to hear they fit well. Would you recommend?

100% worth it, good fit, well made(3D printed) .. my mate uses them on his race car as well and that’s why I got them! Also have some Ti brake shims to fit from him as well

Reactions: R20BTG
I already run the titanium shims, was looking at these to complete my brake cooling setup. He was interested in sending a few batches over to the UK if we could get a group buy going. I might post to see who would be interested. Did you get the 51mm tube version? I’ve asked for a 63mm version to fit on flexible brake cooling hose which he’s made for me.

I already run the titanium shims, was looking at these to complete my brake cooling setup. He was interested in sending a few batches over to the UK if we could get a group buy going. I might post to see who would be interested. Did you get the 51mm tube version? I’ve asked for a 63mm version to fit on flexible brake cooling hose which he’s made for me.

I got the 51mm yeah mate, my ducts on the bumper are 57mm so I’m after some new hosing now
Definitely worth getting if you can

Reactions: R20BTG
More small updates .. we like this!

Tonight was installing my new Ti shims and brake ducts from Fortyone, great fit and no wheel rubbing so far that ive found, super happy!
also lowered the car a small bit up front but have to readjust the passenger side to match the drivers now. Hoping to get the stiffer 8kg rear springs on before the start of the season as well.

1708459446224.png1708459463434.png
1708459539086.png
1708459350420.png