**Clio 197/200 Race Car Build**

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Pro-Line Motorsport, May 22, 2016.

1. I've around 225bhp with stock injectors :smile:

2. Yiannis197

Yiannis197 Paid Member

London
    Clio R27
    Looking forward to that Mitch:wink:

3. Ha yes i was supposed to do last night...and tonight...i will do tomoz!

4. A much overdue update.

Rad support and rear beam back from coaters..

[​IMG]

Spent a small fortune with RSport, including all new bearings, ball joints, front wishbones, sadev quick release, clio4 sparco rs wheel, drop links, anti rotation links, nuts bolts clips, rear brake disks/bearings stub axles, exhaust clamps etc... lots!!

[​IMG]

A few pics of that little lot assembled..

Rear beam bearings sphericals fitted

[​IMG]

Wishbone sphericals..

[​IMG]

Uprights and hubs going together..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust and rear beam fitted up..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With that little lot done, it sat for a while whilst I waited for the suspension, which finally arrived 10 weeks from ordering!! And was well worth the wait!!

AST 5300 3ways with 100/110 spring rates :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which then meant the rest of the car could go back together and on the floor for the first time in 8ish months!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part 2 coming up...photobucket is messing about :wink:

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The holes drilled will have bulkhead seals fitted in due course, wanted the resorvoirs inside the car for a. Easy adjustment and b. To keep them dirt and grit free.

With those fitted it saw the car looking like this....

[​IMG]

Which was just as well as it was booked in that very day to have the rear quarters and roof painted to match the rest of the car!!

So out it went and onto the trailer...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loaded ready for the paint shop!

[​IMG]

Dropped off and couldnt resist this aggressive looking shot!!

[​IMG]

Optical likes this.
  6. Had a call 2 days later saying it was ready for me..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diffuser also now added and painted gloss black..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very pleased with the outcome, just as i visioned it....so, the it got loaded again and onto its next destination!!

Where it now resided for a few weeks at Relentless Performance for full chassis and engine loom.

[​IMG]

7. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Awesome stuff! It looks really good!

Threads like this show just how much work goes into building and prepping a race car - I think if it were me I'd be petrified of racing it in case it got damaged!!

8. Thanks, i too am happy.

Haha, its only a car..built to race so wont be shy of rubbing it. In fact its damaged already..a ratchet strap had rattled the protection sponge i had in place travelling from surrey to cambridge yesterday and has damaged the side skirt! Hey hoe its bound to happen!

9. karbonCup

karbonCup Paid Member

Sussex
    Road legal Cup Racer
    Awesome Job!! Nice to see it being done proper. Enjoyed reading up on your build. You are making me rethink on parts of my build now, although I'm nowhere near finished yet.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  10. Few bits i forgot to mention, which some of you eagle eyed people may have spotted..

Got my custom rad which as been made for me by Mocal, mega happy with it, and its black to match the cooler :smiley: ...which has also now been fitted and plumbed with a 12" High flow davies craig fan. The rad has also been installed and the -20 hoses and wiggins attached, also plumbed to the again, custom made Mocal header tank :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A gear shift indicator was also added to the dash, along with a sadev quick release steering wheel boss and a new style sparco renaultsport wheel!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least, I made some ally blanking panels for the interior..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be travelling to Relentless hopefully next week to carry out some bits over there as am working against a deadline so need the car done asap, more updates then :smile:

11. Yiannis197

Yiannis197 Paid Member

London
    Clio R27
    That thread is ridiculous. Mitch, you sir are a legend. That attention to detail and workmanship is of a different planet.

PS. Love the ASTs, I would love to know the settings once tested:smile: That low speed compression alongside compression and rebound would be a nightmare to adjust! All great fun though:smile:

12. ryan t

ryan t Gold Member

clio rs 200 ff
    Love this thread, top job pal. What differences from fitting the cup racers subframe and support are you expecting? I love the look of the support is it a worthwhile mod on a road/track clio and is it a straight swop?

13. krash67

krash67 Paid Member

Lincolnshire, UK
    BMW 140i & fecking around with a 200
    Top work Mitch Now wishing I was at home spending my 2 week holiday on mine instead of having to endure this sun soaked idle poolside holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Brilliant updates! Asts look awesome, they really are a great bit of kit!

15. PAUL JA

PAUL JA Paid Member

Company shed
    Work of art - keep the updates coming

16. Thanks Yiannis am very much looking forward to getting out there to test settings etc, will all be very fun practice im sure!

Not expecting massive difference from the front subframe, will be more rigid from the support for sure but alot of it is ease and weight, its alot lighter having been trimmed of brackets and front section, and ease of removing lower wishbones when needed etc. Rear subframe is on spherical bearings rather than rubber bushs so will notice a big difference with those.

Yes it is all a straight swap :smile:

I wish i was on holiday relaxing not thinking about cars...wanna swap?!

Thanks for the kind words :smile:

17. british_tommy

british_tommy

Clio 197 Cup
    @Pro-Line Motorsport -

Mitch, I'm looking at the wiring on my car and trying to figure out the battery kill switch wiring - how have you done this? You're local to me so I was figuring you might be able to help me out! :smile:

I'm looking at the Cartek battery isolator - Here, but it has a power feed for the ignition circuit as well, which is the bit thats confusing me!

Cheers
    Tom

18. Adam_C

Adam_C Paid Member

Clio 197
    Car looks awesome! (Y).

When are you thinking of getting it finished?

19. trackspec197

trackspec197 Paid Member

Worcester
    Clio 197 BMW 320 M Sport