Chris's LY 200t.

Lets just say it will be well run in when I'm done with it Foxy!!

its not bad actually, quite nippy, but it feels so high up and clumsy round the corners like it's going to tip over lol. Not planted at all. Nice interior though.

so you gave it some then??be careful so you dont have to pay for worn tyres when handing over

Blimey mate, that all sounds a bit bobbins. Sorry about the brush with the kerb. It's only money eh?

Hope it's all back singing and dancing soon.

Ty all.

Just spoke with renault and they say theyve pinpointed the problem to an upper engine mount and a new one will be there tootrow and should be able to collect tomorrow.

Good news Chris, I'm glad that this garage have been able to find out what it was. All being done under warranty I assume?

Yep although forgot to ask about the tyre lol, which will obvioulsy be my expense assuming it needs replacing.

Ty all.

Just spoke with renault and they say theyve pinpointed the problem to an upper engine mount and a new one will be there tootrow and should be able to collect tomorrow.

i had the same problem with upper engine mount and garage couldn't diagnose it for over a year
the clonking was driving Me mad
I took it to another dealer and they found it in five minutes

My car is back!!!!

just took it for a real hammer round the back roads and no clunk to be heard, feels sharp, stable and firm. Really pleased! Also scared the Gf to death lol

Thanks guys.
[MENTION=50813]Shocker[/MENTION]

Ill make a thread for this information for any other potential victims of this clunk!

On another note, the Renault dealer had just got in a brand new 220 Trophy in black, chatting with the guy, he said when its a demo at the end of the month, I can take it for a blast to see the difference. Also they are getting in a 275 Trophy which I will see if I can wangle a drive in!!

On another note, the Renault dealer had just got in a brand new 220 Trophy in black, chatting with the guy, he said when its a demo at the end of the month, I can take it for a blast to see the difference. Also they are getting in a 275 Trophy which I will see if I can wangle a drive in!!

hmmm...now you made me jealous..need your feedback on this...

Last edited:
That's great news Chris, I'm really glad that it got sorted in the end :smile: now you can get back to really enjoying it. Hope the wheel/tyre situation wasn't too costly in the end...

The tyre is just sidewall damage, didnt need replacing, it does look a bit **** though, will take it my garage this week to see what they say, and if they say its no good ill get two new tyres on the front and keep one tyre for a spare.

Not updated this in a while.

Managed to get my hands on some upgraded oem lights, with projectors installed and HID's fitted.

Fitted them today, will try them out properly in the dark later on but the OEM lights are so crap these should be a great upgrade!

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1050074.jpg
    P1050074.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 233
great choice of an upgrade Chris..one thing i would do first if i didnt have them...looking forward to seeing them on at night..

Great stuff mate, I wondered what you were up to when you said you were working on the car on Sunday :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions