Chris's LY 200t.

I think the ethos is right. A long as its spacious - and therefore multi-purpose - to some degree it don't matter what it is. And at that sort of price-point; mileage, history, current owner etc and gut feeling is more important than the badge per-se.

Is you Dad car-proud ? You two aren't gonna fight over this once purchased are you :tearsofjoy:

Yeah exactly that pretty much.. So long as it's been serviced well, not too fussed of mileage on these diesel engines so long as they are not ridiculous. Think the focus is 130k but it's got a good service history.

Nothing exiting happened here, unless you count a new set of bosch wiper blades - woo!

Went in for its service at renault rawlinsons on friday, all hunky dory... Apparently gearbox oil is noted down as every 100k on these.

Ive noticed a small rust bubble above the drivers side door handle, which I pointed out to them. Get this, they need to take the door card out to see if there is corrosion on the inside of the door, if there is none visible inside the door, then apparently they want me to pay for the luxury of them taking my door card off £100 as it has to be all the way through for it to be done under warranty. I told them to get stuffed and id be contacting RUK about this.

Reactions: Big Ben
Nothing exiting happened here, unless you count a new set of bosch wiper blades - woo!

Went in for its service at renault rawlinsons on friday, all hunky dory... Apparently gearbox oil is noted down as every 100k on these.

Ive noticed a small rust bubble above the drivers side door handle, which I pointed out to them. Get this, they need to take the door card out to see if there is corrosion on the inside of the door, if there is none visible inside the door, then apparently they want me to pay for the luxury of them taking my door card off £100 as it has to be all the way through for it to be done under warranty. I told them to get stuffed and id be contacting RUK about this.
That is a bloody liberty threatening to charge you for removing door card!

Have you finished your winter hibernation then? Been a bit missing since xmas mate:chair:

Reactions: Chris
That is a bloody liberty threatening to charge you for removing door card!

Have you finished your winter hibernation then? Been a bit missing since xmas mate:chair:

Been a bit of a hectic one mate. All sorts happening in and out of work. Winter hibernation seems apt lol!!

Yeah I was pretty took back when he told me, particularly with a 12 year warranty on corrosion, anything to wiggle out of paying..

More worrying is signs of rust at 4-5 years old! Quite an odd place for it to happen too unless it was previously damaged there?

Yeah not very good is it. It is odd where it is I'll get a pic up tomorrow!

Reactions: Big Ben
Glad the service went well dude, although typical Renault dealer trying to wriggle out of stuff... Hopefully RUK can be a bit more helpful with this!

Good to see you back on mate, we miss you! :smile:

@Chris

Are you able to upload a photo of the corrosion? I don’t think the dealer should be worrying about removing the door card as the corrosion won’t be visible there.

I’m guessing the paint is just bubbling from below the surface, ie no signs of any stone chip / external force? I deal with the paint warranty claims for 3 local dealers and I’m yet to be asked by Renault to have a door card or other interior trim removed. It’s a simple case of clear photos, paint depth measurements, cost it up and send it to Renault themselves for approval.

Hope you get sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Chris

Are you able to upload a photo of the corrosion? I don’t think the dealer should be worrying about removing the door card as the corrosion won’t be visible there.

I’m guessing the paint is just bubbling from below the surface, ie no signs of any stone chip / external force? I deal with the paint warranty claims for 3 local dealers and I’m yet to be asked by Renault to have a door card or other interior trim removed. It’s a simple case of clear photos, paint depth measurements, cost it up and send it to Renault themselves for approval.

Hope you get sorted.

Cheers Eddie.

Yeah ill do it tomorrow in the light.

Yes exactly what I though - its tiny so its not going to be through. No theres no stone chips or anything nearby that could let water in. Just a way of getting out of it. What do they want me to wait for it to be bubbling and half my door missing before they will do anything...?

Reactions: -Eddie-
Cheers Eddie.

Yeah ill do it tomorrow in the light.

Yes exactly what I though - its tiny so its not going to be through. No theres no stone chips or anything nearby that could let water in. Just a way of getting out of it. What do they want me to wait for it to be bubbling and half my door missing before they will do anything...?

I see it too often and can never understand it, why would a dealer turn away such a repair? Its money in the bank for them for the sake of some photos and for someone to price up the work. If it was my business and staff where fobbing people off they wouldn’t be in a job long but that’s just how some dealers seem to operate. “Too much like hard work” comes to mind.

I don’t think it would matter how big the blemish is it wouldn’t appear on the inside of the panel.

Anyhow, pop a photo up. Just a shame you weren’t closer or I’d have it done for you.

I see it too often and can never understand it, why would a dealer turn away such a repair? Its money in the bank for them for the sake of some photos and for someone to price up the work. If it was my business and staff where fobbing people off they wouldn’t be in a job long but that’s just how some dealers seem to operate. “Too much like hard work” comes to mind.

I don’t think it would matter how big the blemish is it wouldn’t appear on the inside of the panel.

Anyhow, pop a photo up. Just a shame you weren’t closer or I’d have it done for you.

Aye bit of a trek belfast lol!

Sod it ill go and get one now!

Couldn't get it in the dark - will have to wait!

it is but if they get the job done without being pathetic and charging you to remove the door lining then could be well worth the agro.

Don't worry - these will get in done :wink:

Did they take any paint depth measurements or anything like that or completely dismiss you?
It’s quite an odd looking defect. Has the car ever been painted before do you know? The only way to really tell is paint depth measurements.

I’d phone Renault customer relations as the very least I’d expect them to do is to pay the dealer for the removal and refitting of the door card (still unsure as to why they feel the need to do this). Providing the paint depths are grand that should be covered no problem.

Similar Thread Suggestions