Chris's LY 200t.

Well it's a good quality rubber, nice and tight on the rim, benefits well in the wet, slippery... yes Ben you're right, the extra width was probably quite hard to take at first but the car has eased into it well.

Seriously though, they are supposed to be good in the wet, but it is a high performance summer tyre, I've always got the winters that I can put on if they are not too good in the winter. Probably a few thousand miles left in the rears, so I'll probably get the full set when they die.

That was ripe for a pun :smile: good to see you were all over it :wink:

Glad you're pleased with the tyres dude - a much better overall choice than the F1s then??

That was ripe for a pun :smile: good to see you were all over it :wink:

Glad you're pleased with the tyres dude - a much better overall choice than the F1s then??

Yeh that was the idea lol...

Hard to say if they are better than f1s, until I've put some miles on them, they are a more premium tyre though, and are better reviewed. Not to say f1s are a bad tyre by any means, I've got nothing but praise for them, just fancied a change.

Yeh that was the idea lol...

Hard to say if they are better than f1s, until I've put some miles on them, they are a more premium tyre though, and are better reviewed. Not to say f1s are a bad tyre by any means, I've got nothing but praise for them, just fancied a change.

Well worth trying out the alternatives with so much choice out there. And for decent prices too. Looking forward to the feedback as you get to try them out some more - they'll be getting plenty of stick I'm sure :wink:

Reactions: Chris
Well worth trying out the alternatives with so much choice out there. And for decent prices too. Looking forward to the feedback as you get to try them out some more - they'll be getting plenty of stick I'm sure :wink:

Well that's it, sometimes it's nice to have a feel of what else is out there... Looking forward to give them some more testing! Oh yes plenty of stick mate!

Reactions: Jimmy
IMG_4547.JPG

This was without launch. Not the best bit of road and launch wasn't getting the grip and just spinning the wheels, even with brand new tyres. Need to find some fresh tarmac that doesn't have bloody grit on it. Curious to see what I could get it too!

View attachment 111567

This was without launch. Not the best bit of road and launch wasn't getting the grip and just spinning the wheels, even with brand new tyres. Need to find some fresh tarmac that doesn't have bloody grit on it. Curious to see what I could get it too!

Do I take it you backed off before 1/4 mile......that 17.8 seconds can't be right ?

0-60's pretty brisk agreed. NICE !

nice figures..as above..the quater mile figure cant be right for sure..
so you like your new shoes??

Great choice on the tyres Chris.

I run MPSS on the BMW and they're fantastic. Wet weather performance isn't as good as some but you just need to hold back a little more. MORE than makes up for it when pushing on in the dry though.

Hilarious cheeky post too! :smiley:

Great choice on the tyres Chris.

I run MPSS on the BMW and they're fantastic. Wet weather performance isn't as good as some but you just need to hold back a little more. MORE than makes up for it when pushing on in the dry though.

Hilarious cheeky post too! :smiley:

Yes I did look into the super sports but thought these were more than good enough for what I want them for, and we're an extra notch up in price, just don't think I'd have seen the extra benefit from them, is my daily end of the day...

Yes I did look into the super sports but thought these were more than good enough for what I want them for, and we're an extra notch up in price, just don't think I'd have seen the extra benefit from them, is my daily end of the day...

They're close enough to being the same tyre I think mate. They hadn't been released when I got mine.

Definitely the best road tyres in my experience.

Just remembered we have them on the Clio too!

View attachment 111567

Just noticed this mate. That's a cracking improvement. Even more so if you think it can be bettered too!

I really need to stop looking at Mk4 Clios. Too much want happening! Yours was the first one I'd seen up close in the flesh and I don't mind admitting I got a bit of a semi chubby on. Especially thanks to that incredible colour.

Just noticed this mate. That's a cracking improvement. Even more so if you think it can be bettered too!

I really need to stop looking at Mk4 Clios. Too much want happening! Yours was the first one I'd seen up close in the flesh and I don't mind admitting I got a bit of a semi chubby on. Especially thanks to that incredible colour.

Lmao!

Yeah they are supposed to be 6.5, and it certainly can be bettered, as I said launch just wasn't playing ball on the bit of road I was on, just old country road tarmac. Need to find a quiet stretch with some freshly laid, certainly could get it down..

Reactions: ///M
I'm liking the look of those figures, Chris, very nice! Felt a lot faster than that when I was alongside :smile:

And if anyone can find some that's been freshly laid, I'm sure it's going to be you buddy :wink:

Reactions: ///M
I'm liking the look of those figures, Chris, very nice! Felt a lot faster than that when I was alongside :smile:

And if anyone can find some that's been freshly laid, I'm sure it's going to be you buddy :wink:

Is that a dirty pun?????

Similar Thread Suggestions