Chris's LY 200t.

Dropped down to Essex today for breakfast with a couple of clio guys including the [MENTION=3233]pacman.[/MENTION] Forgot to take picutres of the others there, was a RB gordini 182, flame red 182 and a silver 172, some more chaps in none clios.

20439426341_3e4878591d_k.jpgIMG_0875 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

Me and matt then jumped over to a bike show, lots of pretty cool bikes there!

20246539649_59677b235a_k.jpgIMG_0879 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

20245154208_bf93bf89c7_k.jpgIMG_0881 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

19810481614_37f6147767_k.jpgIMG_0882 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

19812156193_db51b66d11_k.jpgIMG_0883 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

19812125573_d29098dd85_k.jpgIMG_0884 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

20246382279_7d2f488f31_k.jpgIMG_0885 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

20406734486_16b185be2c_k.jpgIMG_0886 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

Reactions: EvanZA
Good photos mate, some of those bikes look great! That custom one with the scream face was a special one!

Ordered some wind deflectors for the car today. They should be here tomorrow.

Also been in talks about the coilovers again with a couple of companies, should be ordering soon £939 inc fitting&alignment, just have to get this clunk sorted beforehand, think ill be taking it to Renault tomorrow morning. If I fit the coilies first then Renault are just going to blame said clunk on them..

Hope you get the clunk sorted out soon mate. I know how you're itching to get those Billies on :wink:

Has the clunk got worse over time, or stayed the same?

good news Chris..cant wait to see it lowered..do you know which brand will you go for???

[MENTION=3607]Iain 007[/MENTION]

where was that if you don't mind me asking.

Obviously that price is with a 'pinch of salt' in terms of free fitment, obviously to an extent that's included in the price of the coilovers, I think it's fair price to include fitment and allignment. Cheapest I can find them on there own is £739, then obviously it's be more than £200 fitment and alignment on top of that.

How do you find them in general, improvement in handling, drive comfort etc?

where was that if you don't mind me asking.

I got them from KSC Imports in Venlo. Good exchange rate and free delivery meant they were cheaper.

How do you find them in general, improvement in handling, drive comfort etc?

I'm still bedding them in really. There is noticeably less body roll, feels similar to the 200 cup suspension in terms of roll.

They are very firm but not crashy, you'll notice the increased stiffness and they still have a little trouble at low speed same as the standard suspension, the improved damping comes into its own after about 40mph.

I got them from KSC Imports in Venlo. Good exchange rate and free delivery meant they were cheaper.

I'm still bedding them in really. There is noticeably less body roll, feels similar to the 200 cup suspension in terms of roll.

They are very firm but not crashy, you'll notice the increased stiffness and they still have a little trouble at low speed same as the standard suspension, the improved damping comes into its own after about 40mph.

Thanks for that, the body roll is noticeable in this car, thats one thing that will be nice to get rid. I do like the softness in this car, its much comfier, obviously they do have softer spring rates than other coilovers but im hoping it will still be a comfortable daily use.

Here we go, just got round to fitting.

20735619905_620afe35b7_k.jpgP1020718 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

They do rest quite heavy on the rubber strips under the window, so if I ever take them off that will probably need replacing, but I actually like them, so they will be staying!

Ok so finally my car went into Renault today to solve the clunking mystery once and for all.

So I'm very optimistic when I receive a text saying my car is ready for collection at about 12:30 (baring in mind that they had access to the car all day)

I arrive at Renault glad to get my baby back and thinking its fixed, oh but wait, this is Renault, so nothing is ever that simple. Start speaking to the guy at the front desk and he starts off by talking about how they removed the rear wheels (even though its clunking from the front) and how the greased the exhaust mounts (even though I told them its not the exhaust) he then proceeds to tell me that they re-torqued some bolts and greased some joints bla bla at the front. This is when it gets a little bit funny, at the ends he proceeds to tell me its basically not fixed, and that I need to ring a different Renault service centre, OR for ME to ring Renault customer service and get permission for THEM to strip down the front suspension. Umm why am being dragged into this? My car is two years old and under warranty, so they should be sorting this. I take this on the chin, and off I go. Give it a blast on the way home, guess what its doing? Clunking.....

I get home after stewing and decide to give another Renault service centre a call, even though its in the complete other direction to where is convenient for me. Actually speak to a very helpful guy who also can't understand why I'm having to do this or ring renault either (not just me then). He cannot get me a courtesy car for 2 weeks (I need one as this dealership is the opposite direction to my work) to my frustration, he senses this and advises me to put a complaint into RUK to see if they will pay for a hire car for next week. I speak to RUK and she is also baffled by the entire situation, and will get me back to me in a few days (dont know why it takes this long) I ring the other Renault up and he provisionally books me in for next assuming he gets the go ahead for the hire car.

Frustrated with this entire ridiculous situation.

Similar Thread Suggestions