Chris's LY 200t.

Stunning job Chris :smile: is the machine easy enough to use?

Thanks mate :smile:

They are easy enough to use. Preparation is obviously the key, for example if I hadn't of clayed it then all that **** would have been rubbed into the paint and damaged it. I'm no professional by any means but did plenty of research before going ahead and using one, pretty nervous the first time haha! Generally speaking I don't do anything too risky with it (I'll use medium cutting pads as a maximum for example) I'm not confident enough to be able to fully correct a badly swirled car.

Haha Pav your lusting after LY meg now :smile:

Thanks mate :smile:

They are easy enough to use. Preparation is obviously the key, for example if I hadn't of clayed it then all that **** would have been rubbed into the paint and damaged it. I'm no professional by any means but did plenty of research before going ahead and using one, pretty nervous the first time haha! Generally speaking I don't do anything too risky with it (I'll use medium cutting pads as a maximum for example) I'm not confident enough to be able to fully correct a badly swirled car.

Haha Pav your lusting after LY meg now :smile:

Thanks Chris, good advice there. I got given a rotary polisher and wouldn't mind trying it out. But I have no experience and don't want to ruin anything :smiley: I think mine does need a proper correction - it's not badly swirled but it is 8 years old now :smile:

Yep, Pav definitely has the hots for a LY Meg :-p

Rotary is a whole different kettle of fish to mine, mine is a DA. Rotarys can damage paint much easier than DA's :rain:

looks like i not capable of letting my AB go..too in love with her...but yeah a LY is the way:thumbup1:

Woke up this morning and a bird had taken a **** on the roof. Hope he flew into a window after the little *******.

Woke up this morning and a bird had taken a **** on the roof. Hope he flew into a window after the little *******.

And if it didn't fly into the window by itself I'm sure that you would give it a helping hand (kick) to make sure it did :smiley:

I feel your pain though Chris, sod's law as they say...

Lovely car mate! How much did you pay for the callipers painted if you don't mind me asking? Im getting crazy quotes for mine

Lovely car mate! How much did you pay for the callipers painted if you don't mind me asking? Im getting crazy quotes for mine
[MENTION=52331]k2100[/MENTION]

I paid £50 each caliper. So it was £200 all in.

I dont think thats bad considering they have to take them off, spray and then put them back on etc.

**** me, £200 for a bit of caliper painting?

I see gold business there!

how much do you think is reasonable to lift car up, remove all wheels, bleed system, remove calipers, prep calipers then paint, then put them back?

Fair enough, that's normal for a company. I'd never pay something like that for it though.

Ive done it myself past 2 cars, but the problem with that is the finish is nothing I can close to achieve with a paintbrush, and I'm just going to end up having to do it again, and again etc. Its not a small amount of money, but its such a pain in the arse to do, id rather pay it and not have to do it many times in the future.

very good price in fact..dont forget its all 4 of them..i was quoted over £200 just for the fronts..!!

Similar Thread Suggestions