Chris and Kellyanne's 197 Cup

Ok so heres the pics from the RR day @ Sitech Racing

Great day with no rain lol and half a tank used after a few folk had a quick blast in it :smile:

Dyno Results......

RR7.jpg

The Rest....

RR6.jpg

RR5.jpg

RR4.jpg

RR1-1.jpg

RR3-1.jpg

RR2-1.jpg

Let the Tuning commence :smile:

Up next will be

Re map, induction, Akrapovic exhaust, KW V1 coilovers, 200 Rear end and NOS.

Hopefully before Christmas if Mr Bank manager will give me a loan as im looking to pick up a MK1 Focus RS.

Cheers.

Chris

Nice pics. Where is Sitech racing? Print out would make it appear Extreme motorsport have the same sort of dyno.

Nice pics. Where is Sitech racing? Print out would make it appear Extreme motorsport have the same sort of dyno.

you take the first exit after the forth road bridge and hes down by the water front in the industrial estate mate, nice big workshop he has.

yeah i think so hes got Dastek printed on it, i can see your print out is the identical layout lol, must be the same set up.

Hey Chris, saw this over on ZSOC. Some good results mate, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Love the idea of a Mk1 FRS, I LOVE those things!

Very similar to what it ran last May (2010). See here for the results:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2261&page=12

ahh thanks mate, any idea why it was down on power with the new inlet and V6 airbox?

Hey Chris, saw this over on ZSOC. Some good results mate, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Love the idea of a Mk1 FRS, I LOVE those things!

cheers dude, yeah hoping to pick one up pretty soon as the Mrs uses the clio more than me lol

Lol sounds like your in the same boat as me mate, the GF uses our clio all the time. I have to make the most of it at the weekends, I spend the week as a van man!

Lol sounds like your in the same boat as me mate, the GF uses our clio all the time. I have to make the most of it at the weekends, I spend the week as a van man!

haha tipical women mate, she has fell in love with it tho, by far the best car weve owned.

They are mate such good little cars. You get so much for your money really especially when compared to the other things we'd looked at, and even what we might end up with next (some VAG derv most likely once the GF finishes uni and has to commute! :worried: )

But hopefully then I can warrant a proper toy... (ZS track toy, Mk1 FRS maybe :smiley:)

ahh thanks mate, any idea why it was down on power with the new inlet and V6 airbox?

That day was particularly hot. 23 degrees IIRC.

John (The guy that runs the dyno) said that it would need a remap to take into account the new airbox etc.

ok so after a discussing with the mrs looks like i could be getting a bank loan to put some more cash into the clio.

this may sound mad but looking to source a megane engine, anyone know if it will fit straight in? and will i need new drive shafts? gearbox etc?

cheers guys.

ok so after a discussing with the mrs looks like i could be getting a bank loan to put some more cash into the clio.

this may sound mad but looking to source a megane engine, anyone know if it will fit straight in? and will i need new drive shafts? gearbox etc?

cheers guys.

Speak to Jonesy (He has the R26 engine in his 197) and RS Tuning who did the conversion for Jonesy. :thumbup:

cheers guys.

Love the idea!

Wonder what the cost involved in a conversion like that is though!?

this sounds mad only because i can imagine my girlfriends reaction if i suggested it lol good luck tho

shes all into the moddifying scene mate, shes quiteup for it, the look on a guys face when they cant keep up and find out a girl is driving is just pricless lol

Speak to Jonesy (He has the R26 engine in his 197) and RS Tuning who did the conversion for Jonesy. :thumbup:

thanks dude :smiley:

Love the idea!

Wonder what the cost involved in a conversion like that is though!?

Hopefully not to much, going to price everything up before i speak to the bank to see what they can do.

Wee Update

Seen a few cars with these fitted to there headlights. there called Fly Eyes.

picked the kit up for £10 and the results speak for itself i think. makes some differance to the front of the car

FlyEye.jpg

Fly4.jpg

Fly3.jpg

Fly1.jpg

thoughts?

Chris

Last edited:
Also had a day out at crail raceway

best time of the day was a 15.5. couldnt really nail the startand kept wheel spinning lol

182n197.jpg