Changing Spark plugs on 197

Probably a very simple answer to you guys but only just got my 197 and wanted to change plugs as im not sure of service history.....looking at engine theres some sort on bolt down attatchment to where i guess the plugs are !!!

Is there an idiots guide knocking about anywhere...looked on frequently asked question but nothing there.

Any guidance would help before i jump in all tools blazing !

Cheers

Nick

nope sorry !

those are the ignition coils 1 per plug

basically unbolt and unplug the connector - pull up the coil and then you will see the plug - long reach thin socket to get at them - remove/replace plug - refit in reverse order - except for a small squirt of wd40 on the end of the coil so it slips over the end of the plug easily :clap:

All i'd say is be very careful with the ignition coil retaining bolt ( the small 8mm one ). I've known of two to be stripped on clios now making it very annoying to repair :@

ha ha i did this mate. my mate drilled the holes bigger and re tapped them

Cheers Lads

Valuable info there and will tread careful with the coils...i think i got the thin socket if it same as clio 2 plugs on the wifes car.

Are the plugs really like a tenner each !!!!!!?

unfortunately that socket will be a 10 - 12 i had a clio 2 aswell lol its a 14 on these bad boys lol

yeah i think ebay £44 a set sumat like that

I just did mine, some of the coils didn't particularly want to stay on the plugs, is this normal? I haven't changed plug on coils before?