Changing exhausts?

How difficult is it to change an exhaust? I am getting a janspeed but dont want to pay for a few hours labout at a garage! Is a mission or straight forward if youve got some idea what youre doing?

I don't imagine it being that hard, I know you need to cut the original exhaust to get it off though.

At a guess, jack up the rear, undo bolts connecting rear section to manifold, possibly undo rear shock absorber bottom bolts (To lower rear axle) and then the reverse to re-assemble. Probably need some exhaust sealant to put on the manifold/rear section joint.

Removing the rear subframe. Massive job though.

You can just stick a sleeve on if you wanted to put the cut exhaust back on.

we tried and tried lol but as noddie said, only by removing rear sub.... so we just cut it lol

All me and my mate did was lower the rear axel, it was about 6 bolts if I remember rightly and that lowered it enough to slide the exhaust and cat out in one piece!

eh?

you only need to undo the rear shocks, jack the car up, the beam will then pivot down, jobs a good'un!

eh?

you only need to undo the rear shocks, jack the car up, the beam will then pivot down, jobs a good'un!

no it not that simple, the cat/middle section and back box is one piece, and the system a big bend to go over the top of the axle beam, so all your doing when undoing the rear shocks is pivoting the beam down, the beam is still there.