Centre console wrapping

Has anybody done this with success?? I knew it would be difficult but i thought i would be able to achieve something satisfactory......well i was wrong, i started from the bottom and it went very well (the easy bit i know) then i came across the corners and wrapping up to the top. For the life of me i could not get it done without creases in it, especially the corners. Some parts im really happy with but others are dreadfull! It will not be going in my car as it is! I have enough wrap to try again, once maybe twice but i fear its going to go the same way lol.
Ill stick some pics up of my shameful attempt lol
If anyone can offer me any advice or tips on how to get it right then it would be HUGELY appreciated!
I also need to buy my girlfriend a new hairdryer as i blew hers up lol i also have to go buy a heat gun. FML
This is turning into an expensive cheap mod lol

Attachments

• SDC11661.jpg
    SDC11661.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 105
  • SDC11663.jpg
    SDC11663.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC11665.jpg
    SDC11665.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 98
I sprayed mine, got some plastic primer, some Renault White paint and finished it off with some lacquer! The finish is spot on!

i have some of that 3m carbon wrap but still not attempted to do it

someone on here has done it and it did look really good:smile:

^^ thats where i got my inspiration from lol his looked awesome, not a flaw in it! shame the same cant be said about mine lol :smile:

I found that it works best when the vinyl is warm and the thing you apply to is cold. If you do the bottom bit then heat the corners. One option is to stretch the curved bit once it is wrapped this got rid of any stretches when I did my wrapping.