Central locking query

Right I'm going out try this. As said because it's a Thatcham alarm/immobilizer if you unlock the car and DON'T open any doors it will lock itself after around 40 seconds. I will be back yo update you guys.......
Don't know where I got 40 seconds from, like a sad :censored: I timed it 2 minutes exactly to lock again if no doors are opened.

Don't know where I got 40 seconds from, like a sad :censored: I timed it 2 minutes exactly to lock again if no doors are opened.

Your dedication to the forum is outstanding. Thanks !

Longest 2 minutes of your life sitting there waiting i bet...........

The 200t has a button on the door for unlocking only, which when I got the car I thought it was like my 197, that you had to press to lock the car, but its not, it locks itself.

When I got the car I thought it didnt work properly and felt a right prat in him telling me I had been doing it wrong for 2 months lol...

So after reconstructing a leaving the car without locking it scenario my conclusion is - after 10 mins the car (2007 R27) is still unlocked! :excited:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Mine only auto locks if no doors are opened. If I unlock the car keyless, start engine, stop engine and get out and walk away and go back say 10 minutes without keycard the door are unlocked.

I will check alarm manual to see if there are different settings.