Central locking query

ok my Clio has keyless entry but I still have to lock it when I park it. Is that normal? Our scenic locks itself when you walk off

Yeah as far as I know that's normal for the Clio, Steve. I've always had to press the button to lock it. Only time I've found it locks itself is when I've unlocked it but not opened the door - presumably it's on a timer where it locks itself if its been left alone.

Reactions: Ciaran1997
Pretty sure my 200's the same (I hit the lock button on leaving it out of habit - pretty sure it doesn't self lock though; even though it self opens if keycard is in your pocket when you pull the handle).

ok my Clio has keyless entry but I still have to lock it when I park it. Is that normal? Our scenic locks itself when you walk off
I must be honest I've always wondered this too, our scenic is great but sometimes I walk away from the Clio thinking its the same and leave it unlocked. Guess i'll have to start locking the Clio

Reactions: Pav
Pretty sure my 200's the same (I hit the lock button on leaving it out of habit - pretty sure it doesn't self lock though; even though it self opens if keycard is in your pocket when you pull the handle).
I must be honest I've always wondered this too, our scenic is great but sometimes I walk away from the Clio thinking its the same and leave it unlocked. Guess i'll have to start locking the Clio
Yeah I forget and it's not like you can check all doors locked because it opens again.lol.

Reactions: Gordini
^ This = annoying as f**k.
I'm glad it's not just me.lol. Something else odd too, I was washing my van the other day so whilst doing that I wandered over and fired Clio up as I hadn't used it for a few days. I then put keys in garage and started to wash van. Although I personally was ten feet away the keys were sixty feet away in garage. So will it keep running with keys out of range???

Yes - will drive until the tank is empty / for miles and miles and miles.

Only when you try to restart it will the "problems" start for whoever is in the driving seat.

ie: Will run until its next turned off as far as im aware.

I'm pretty sure mine always locks itself if I haven't done so, a minute or two after i've walked away from the car

I'm pretty sure mine always locks itself if I haven't done so, a minute or two after i've walked away from the car

Great. We are all going to have to not lock it tomorrow morning when we get to work, run a few hundred yards away and get rid of remote; then sit behind car to see it it locks itself :smile: No way are we all going to look weird.........

Reactions: DS197
Haha look what I've started. Scenic locks when a few feet away so thought Clio would do same. Maybe it does lock after thirty secs or so

Question is do you lock it and hope it's all locked, or do you hang around on street round corner hiding from it and see if it locks .lol

Right I'm going out try this. As said because it's a Thatcham alarm/immobilizer if you unlock the car and DON'T open any doors it will lock itself after around 40 seconds. I will be back yo update you guys.......

Right I'm going out try this. As said because it's a Thatcham alarm/immobilizer if you unlock the car and DON'T open any doors it will lock itself after around 40 seconds. I will be back yo update you guys.......

Hope your wrapped up. Man-flu's a killer..... :smile: