Center console???

Hello everyone, How do you remove the center console?. I've bought some carbon fiber vinyl and i want cover it:smile:. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I have the console off and all wires detached, apart from the wire to the push start button. The connector will not budge and I'm worried of breaking something :001_unsure:

Am I missing something or does it just pull off when you push the tab in???

EDIT: OK turns out it was just a bit of brute force lol :tongueout:

Last edited:
yeah they just pull off as youve found out.

ive got a spare centre console and button for mine.

Well my attempt at a vinyl wrap failed lol vinyl was too sh*t for something that big.

Is it the silver one Jase? And are you selling or keeping?

Yep standard silver from car with climate.
Keeping it to put in the car when I sell up.
Can lone to someone while they get theirs done like mine if they want.

Well my attempt at a vinyl wrap failed lol vinyl was too sh*t for something that big.

Is it the silver one Jase? And are you selling or keeping?

Dw i had an epic fail with mine too mate, the vinyl just wasnt sticky enough no matter what i tried.

Dw i had an epic fail with mine too mate, the vinyl just wasnt sticky enough no matter what i tried.

At least I'm not alone then lol. To make matters worse though I scuffed to front of the console trying to put it back on, it's not too bad but its noticeable :worried:

Wish I'd never bothered!! lol

I did think of that stuff, I might have a go with it - thought I'd at least try with the crap I had lol cheers for the link!

I just don't wanna spend money to throw it away though if it goes tits up :001_huh:

I can see the difference in that stuff straight away, my stuff crinkled up so easily - that looks more 'supple' - I may get some!