Carbon Vinyl Wrap Attempt

After seeing some pics of DutchR27's carbon interior bits, I thought I'd give it a go with some fairly cheap vinyl off ebay.

They haven't come out perfect (I've struggled with the curves at the ends of the dash strips), but let me know what you think!

Apologies for the pics, they are from my phone.

3958353687_bc2c94b60b_o.jpg

3958353257_194bf7a86f_o.jpg

3959128888_f6feb4e9ca_o.jpg

^ My wonky glovebox lid! Also, any ideas how to hide that scratch I have on there?? :confused1:

cant you heat the film with a hairdryer to make it more pliable for the ends.?

cant you heat the film with a hairdryer to make it more pliable for the ends.?

Tried that Jase, it helped a little but I still couldn't figure out how to get it perfect where the top edge joins the side edge, may have been that the vinyl I got was too thick or something??

Its looking good, I'm really wanting to do something like this, i have scratches over my strips due to the old owner...

My glovebox does that too! God damn it!

I've had a go at this too in white vinyl. It wasn't the right vinyl for the centre section and I didn't think it looked quite right too so removed it but left on the small strips
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg

After seeing some pics of DutchR27's carbon interior bits, I thought I'd give it a go with some fairly cheap vinyl off ebay.

They haven't come out perfect (I've struggled with the curves at the ends of the dash strips), but let me know what you think!

Apologies for the pics, they are from my phone.

3958353687_bc2c94b60b_o.jpg

3958353257_194bf7a86f_o.jpg

3959128888_f6feb4e9ca_o.jpg

^ My wonky glovebox lid! Also, any ideas how to hide that scratch I have on there?? :confused1:

My glove box does this too.......cove the whole lid with carbon to hide the scratch!!

centre section looks fine from here! wot was rong with it? i think the white looks brilliant!!

Just thought it looked a bit cheap, plus it didn't work as I said, wrong vinyl, needed some cast vinyl to shrink around the sides (and the calendered stuff I used I got for fweeeee!)
Wait til you see the outside after the weekend! :wink:

I'm thinking about wrapping my interior in this carbon look vinyl - looks almost as the real carbon (it's a 3D vinyl):

slika0106.jpg

slika0051.jpg

slika0053.jpg

Probably will do it in a couple of weeks. 8)