Car would not start

Matt197

South West Rep
Went out for a drive tonight and on the way back stopped at the petrol station to fill up, came out and started the car up and it was stuttering and would not start, lights were dimming then it died, tried again and it did the same but after 15 seconds it kicked into life.

Anyone had this before or know why? Scared the crap out of me as I fault I had put the diesel in :shock:

I the lights were dimming, it sounds like the battery may be losing charge. If I remember correctly, this is not un-heard of on the Clio. Incidentally, if you gave the starter button / turned the key too quick it may confuse the electrics, I found this out when I was late for work one morning and had to wait for it to think about it for a few minutes :roll:

Don’t know but it was very odd, got in the car and like always foot on clutch pressed start button and the interior lights dimmed but would not start just sat there stuttering.

Do you think it would have logged a fault code, if so when its in for its first service end of September will get them to have a look.

Very odd though, just hope it starts today.