Car failed it's MOT

richandgem

Platinum Member
I took Gems Ka in for an MOT today and it failed. Needs new rear springs, which is easy, but a new door sil on one side and the other repairing. We can't be bothered with all the welding costs so are goin car shopping this weekend.

Any suggestions on small, cheap to run, cheap to buy cars. We are tempter to go look at a Twingo :smile:

Unfortunately cars based on the Fiesta 89 platform (Ka, Fiesta 89-02, Puma) are really prone to rust; my mum has a 97 Ka2, and it's days are somewhat numbered, despite being on it's second pair of sills. Real shame as it is such a fun car!

Good luck finding a replacement.

How much do you want to spend? Has the fuel filler area rusted as well by any chance!? My fiancee's 55 plate is starting to go!

How much do you want to spend? Has the fuel filler area rusted as well by any chance!? My fiancee's 55 plate is starting to go!

That was resprayed by the previous owner, it was something I was looking for when I brought the car. Its a shame really as the front end of the car mechanically is sound, the engines in great nick.

The thing that surprised me last night was how much 1-2 year old small cars are going for. Its not worth buying them, you may as well buy new. We are going to look at a Twingo, New Ka, maybe a 500 and Gem did mention a C1 but I dont think she enjoy that on a 40 mile trip to work every day lol

small cars are fetching a good price due to road tax and petrol prices.

would reccommend the Twingo, got one for the g/f she loves it. Better spec than the Ka and wont cost the earth, think I got hers for under 6k delivery mileage.

would reccommend the Twingo, got one for the g/f she loves it. Better spec than the Ka and wont cost the earth, think I got hers for under 6k delivery mileage.

where from mate??

Gem really wants cruise control so the Twingo looks promising

Not really a big fan of any of the small cars out atm. I think the Twingo is probably the best looking, bt it needs alloys for sure! You might find a good deal on a pre - reg car.