Car Cleaning Products

Black hex logic & S30 scholl compound is ideal for finishing to avoid holograms.
Orange is quite difficult to use with rotary machine. Purple scholl is much better to use. It is at least powerful in cutting.

In my opinion forget das6 machines..
Buy rupes 15 or 21 mark 2, those are great tools. I have had das 6 and it was useless if you are working with hard lacquer like clio rs do have. Maybe it can remove some really light swirl marks but you have lot of work. You have to use quite aggressive pads and compounds. Also important: Normal hexlogics are not designed for da machine, there are different hexlogics for da machines which have hole in middle.

Reactions: Sean197
Black hex logic & S30 scholl compound is ideal for finishing to avoid holograms.
Orange is quite difficult to use with rotary machine. Purple scholl is much better to use. It is at least powerful in cutting.

In my opinion forget das6 machines..
Buy rupes 15 or 21 mark 2, those are great tools. I have had das 6 and it was useless if you are working with hard lacquer like clio rs do have. Maybe it can remove some really light swirl marks but you have lot of work. You have to use quite aggressive pads and compounds. Also important: Normal hexlogics are not designed for da machine, there are different hexlogics for da machines which have hole in middle.

Good info!

I am little biased for rupes and flex machines, but honestly i can recommend those. Rupes LHR-15 mark 2 is powerful machine and you can use for example meguairs mf-cutting discs. Those with Scholl S3 or similar compound are really ace to work big flat surfaces like roof, hood etc. Another benefit for da machine is, that you dont make holograms.

In my opinion you also need rotary machine for doors and all round surfaces. With da machine it is really difficult to do doors, front wings etc. It is possible, but difficult and slow. If i have to choose only 1 machine, i would buy rotary. You can do everything with rotary. With da machine use is limited..

I have Flex PE 14-250 rotary and Rupes LHR-15 Mark2 DA

Didnt bother with pictures of the pressure-washer, various pump-sprayers and the wheel brushes, mitts, usual shampoos, detailing brushes etc that live in my buckets......

But this is basically the contents of the detailing cupboard. Not the best / most expensive or glamorous by a long-long way; and although i do experiment with new stuff a little: I normally stick to what i know and have many multiples of my most used stuff.

35885098615_9c3f5cee20_b.jpg

35885099845_2135cc932a_b.jpg

35885097455_4ae6a96a05_b.jpg

I'm about to order a machine polisher and all thats needed with it today (Iron X, Clay-bar, Clay lube, low tack tape etc etc), and am probably ordering from a few different places to get exactly what i want rather than an all in one kit many places sell.

For starters i'll be using 5.5"(125mm) HexLogic pads. Do i presume i'll be needing a 100mm or 115mm backing pad therefore to suit ?