Cannits AG 200 - JL Audio update

Read up on a Req-5 mate :wink:! The sound is now controlled / delivered by that and then further controlled by the amplifier. The actual headunit has all the controls covered from playing radio / cd / iPod / phone kit etc and still looks stock. I can still get in car and music is played from my iPhone without me needing to plug it in :wink:

Read up on a Req-5 mate :wink:! The sound is now controlled / delivered by that and then further controlled by the amplifier. The actual headunit has all the controls covered from playing radio / cd / iPod / phone kit etc and still looks stock. I can still get in car and music is played from my iPhone without me needing to plug it in :wink:

Its not even worth arguing to that answer lol!! :thumbup1:

An akra and change?! you must looooove music lol!!

I was really disappointed by standard system and it's one of those things that until you hear it it's difficult to appreciate and it still looks simple and regains normal function.

When time comes for exhaust I'm pretty sure it will be custom but that will be a lil while yet!

I was amazed I didn't have rear speakers as standard lol...can you tell i did my research before buying?! So i'm steadily upgrading mine as i go...Type-R aerial is a must too!!

I was amazed the upgraded stereo didn't have tweeters! Just grilles in place! Mad. Stubby ariel is something I would definately consider. Is yours from a civic type r?

yes mate, think If I was selling the complete set then it would fly out.... but really like the other pieces and bought it as a full set from chappo for ease

^^^ lol at the reflection :smile: you can see my neighbours houses and car. One for the detailing fans taken from iPhone too :wink:

yes mate, think If I was selling the complete set then it would fly out.... but really like the other pieces and bought it as a full set from chappo for ease

Like you said the whole set would go quick. The centre would match mine ok just bad timing for me at mo after getting the stereo and the wife will notice it lol!

I was amazed the upgraded stereo didn't have tweeters! Just grilles in place! Mad. Stubby ariel is something I would definately consider. Is yours from a civic type r?

Yeah its one i got from a scrapyard...its done some mileage as the honda was rolled after hitting a speed camera!! The reception is good though!!

Looks like you've got some nice kit there, however you should have got a new headunit. Even with the processor you're still limited by the standard headunit, just not as badly as before.

Famous saying: "A system is only ever as good as it's weakest component"

You're still using the original headunit to extract the data from the CD/iPod, I haven't looked up the details on the Req-5 but I'd guess it uses the speaker high level outputs and then processes them into something better, this is still using internal DACs etc which result in a degradation in quality.

Just saying that if you do want more in the future a headunit upgrade is the best option, if you're happy with the SQ now then you've got a great stealth install :thumbsup: