cams

What's the point in what? I posted this for a bit of advice, have you got any as to why its not a good idea?

Last edited:
Me personally, I wouldn't want a renflash after putting cams in. I would go for a proper rolling road job.

Any particular reason for wanting cams?

Last edited:
Yeah. One hell of a lot of money for not much gains in bhp. Assuming that's what you were after. Second hand supercharger is for sale, in that section. Or just Meg it !

If you are getting the cambelt changed its not a mad amount more; however, I agree that you want it mapped on a rolling road.

Jeeeeezzzzzz, didn't realise the price on that package.... :book: :blush:mg:

A friend of mine had cam put in his 200, and up against my old uncammed 197 there was hardly any difference at all. Personally if it was my money, I would save the money and put it towards putting the Megane lump.....there's a reason why more of these turbo clios are about

II do enjoy revving the tits off it that's my only reason for not meggin it
And also the reason for the renflash idea is, that I'm not travelling 5 hours there, and then when I've done a few more bits and bobs I'll go and get a proper map on

Last edited:
i thought it was worth it, the rev range is much better if you want a revvy lane car. If you want power I agree its far better to meg, but thats 4-5k not £600 for cams if your having belts done already..

I have the cams and my toque at the mid went up from 115-160 at about 4k off memory, no one can argue that isnt a decent number!

top end HP isnt a lot, but the pull is a lot better when you decide you want to give it some out of a bend.

Why what was wrong with it? [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]
And that's what I'm after I think not too bothered about a big bhp figure
Out of interest what cams are you running? [MENTION=11335]Aford197[/MENTION]

Nothing was wrong with it, but it was too damn expensive for what it was. Cams alone cost £800 then you have the extra labour (on top of what you pay for changing the belts) and mapping so all in it's more than a grand and that is if you are doing the belts at the same time.

It's been said before, the torque difference is not day and night, the character of the engine remains the same (power further up the rev range where the clio doesn't actually need) and tbh if you compare two cars in real life, one with cams and one without, you won't be able to tell 1k worth of difference! Sometimes you can't even tell at all...

For me, it just wasn't worth it. Maybe a future itb kit is going to compliment these 'fast road' cams? We are yet to find out..

I am running cat cams 402s, but if I did it again I think I would go for the more aggressive shriks, although they are a bit harder to live with in traffic, the 402 is more of a all round usable cam.

The ITB clio developed made 231 off memory, with a lot of work and cams on top, but I bet it was fun to drive! Hopefully someone develops a kit soon as I think there is market for it. Dan at 519 was developing but haven't seen any updates on that for some time..

I would show you my before and after graph but the uploader on here wont work for my laptop

The ITB clio developed made 231 off memory, with a lot of work and cams on top, but I bet it was fun to drive! Hopefully someone develops a kit soon as I think there is market for it. Dan at 519 was developing but haven't seen any updates on that for some time..
What's wrong with AT Power kit, isn't it available?

I am not sure if thats the kit that was used. I think the issue is changing it to a 172 throttle cable and all the ECU stuff working with the new dash...

Also the trumpets have to be very small to fit in the bay which causes smaller gains.

A guy called Ben on here had it done so he would be better to comment

What if you could buy something like JMS's RS2 intake manifold but for 197/200?

Would that be interesting to you guys?

It would be bolt on the lower intake plenum and you would need a smaller or relocated battery because of the (K&N) air filter.

Last edited: