Cambelt specifics?

I have had a quick look and can't sem to find an answer for this on my mobile.

I am wanting to get my cambelt done as I am unsure if its ever been done, however my local garage has quoted £500(they are a reliable place) for the cambelt and waterpump. Is there anything specific I need to make sure they change(dephaser etc) as part of the cambelt work? I don't want to pay out £500 and find something has been omitted after checking the part numbers in the stickied thread?

I saw that, however I wasn't sure what was needed and what wasn't needed(like the camshaft oil seals) or does it all need doing?

Dephaser isn't critical like older clio's, just make sure you use genuine parts (think RPD had an offer on cambelt kits a while back?) and make 100% sure the garage has the correct tools to do the job right... There's plenty of posts on here about poor running after bodged timing.

Pay cheap, pay twice... :money:

Get all the stuff don’t skimp on a oil seal ect something like that could cost you a engine

Cheers for the help with this so far everyone, can anyone recommend a garage in the North West who may be more experienced in doing these cambelts rather than me using a local garage?

Similar Thread Suggestions