Bunnyhopping Update for ECU

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Bunnyhopping Update for ECU-UPDATE!

Is there a technical name for this update as I am taking the car in to get the non functional horn working (had the car two months, never needed to use it in that time, then the one time I need to, it doesn't work lol!!) - it isn't the fuse btw lol!

Yeah the dealers are not aware of any such update, so I would like to be able to say to them it is Update Version xxx.xxx etc :001_rolleyes:

Last edited:
What year is your car? Mines an 08, which apparently has the updated software, and it still does it so I wouldn't hold your breath for a total fix! Think it's called the actis solution ?

Mike mines a late 07 and can be all over the place for the first couple of mins on cold.

Good luck with it mate i had it done a couple of weeks ago. makes a big improvement for mine but its still not perfect. Someone posted on here to turn the TCS off which i have also been doing - god knows how but this also helps!

Actis Solution 7103

Yeah thats the one,i had it done months ago and the problem went and the car felt fantastic,but the kangarooing is back,and have read posts from other people saying the problem has come back dispite renault saying it cant??????
Just hope my due soon 200 does not have it!

UPDATE - 21/09

Well the car went in today to be looked at for the horn and the ecu update....

Apprently the bunny hopping update is already on there!

Shows how effective that was, but to be fair, it hasn't done it nearly as bad as it did before thinking about it! (but it still does it)

Going back in Wednesday for the horn to be fixed - that is the switch under the steering wheel!

So how do you know if you have the update, as I don’t trust main dealers to tell the truth.

Mine went in today for its first service today and I asked for the latest updates to be installed, was told by the service desk person that they had loaded the new updates on but on the job sheet it had no updates currently available.

Must be a way, some way to show what version the ECU is running.

Also what is CLIP, on the service sheet it had perform CLIP test on trip computer?

The fix for the bunnyhopping is the driver imo. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but once you get used to it you can stop it with clutch and throttle. You just need to adjust to this annoying "characteristic"

The Actis Solution thing isnt really worth the effort of taking the car back to the shop tbh.

I took mine to different dealers about this and never got it sorted, until I visited my last one.

They said I had the most up to date software, and there was nothing "wrong" with the car it was just it's characteristics - which is all fine as I kinda knew that. But then they said they'd reset (the ECU I presume??) the car so that it was back to how it comes from the factory, ready to adapt to my driving style and not from the previous owners'.

I've had basically no kangarooing since, so maybe it is all down to how the car is run in?

The fix for the bunnyhopping is the driver imo. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but once you get used to it you can stop it with clutch and throttle. You just need to adjust to this annoying "characteristic"

The Actis Solution thing isnt really worth the effort of taking the car back to the shop tbh.

I too was also bit rude on previous posts, as mine hardly ever kangarooed when I got it (sorry).

Then it went back to the dealers for a new gearbox & since it came back it is a nightmare unless I let it warm up, for prob only 5 mins, first. They must have reset the ECU or something.

But I would say it now has more 'go' over 5.5k now though.

So how do you know if you have the update, as I don’t trust main dealers to tell the truth.

Mine went in today for its first service today and I asked for the latest updates to be installed, was told by the service desk person that they had loaded the new updates on but on the job sheet it had no updates currently available.

Must be a way, some way to show what version the ECU is running.

Also what is CLIP, on the service sheet it had perform CLIP test on trip computer?

clip is the computer system that renault use, when they plug clip in to your car it will tell you if theres updates required also the service advisor can look on the history of the work on the car and see if its had the update