BSB 2017

I know there are a few MotoGP fans out there but what about the British Superbikes? Some great talent young and old and good honest no politics racing. If you haven't been to one of these events get to your nearest track to watch. Last year I went to Knockhill, Oulton and Cadwell.

Not been in ages however always went to Cadwell as a kid! Always a good couple of days out and bikes are phenomenal round there

Reactions: LOCKE
If you can get a seat in the grandstand on the mountain it's brill but I like sitting on the bank overlooking gooseneck... but best part it's very easy to walk around the entire circuit

Big fan of BSB. Been to quite a few. Always fantastic value in my opinion. Great racing, great circuits, loads of characters and and some top top talent. One of the best racing series on the planet if you ask me.

Also has the benefit of there not being too many dickheads in there. Just good honest racing.

I missed most of it this year, so looking forward to seeing next year's championship. Agreed on the fact that it's proper good, honest racing, without all the malarkey!

Well it's still on-going and I cant say anything publicly except we have not got the bikes back but we are still hopeful of a positive result. So if anyone knows of anything you can contact the team or PM me and I'll pass it on I feel so sorry for Hutchy he worked incredibly hard this year on the roads and track to have the superstock stolen and Guy's superbike they mean more sentimentally to us, the guys would have been better off stealing road bikes as we will never give up looking for them.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well it's still on-going and I cant say anything publicly except we have not got the bikes back but we are still hopeful of a positive result. So if anyone knows of anything you can contact the team or PM me and I'll pass it on I feel so sorry for Hutchy he worked incredibly hard this year on the roads and track to have the superstock stolen and Guy's superbike they mean more sentimentally to us, the guys would have been better off stealing road bikes as we will never give up looking for them.

Im a bike man....but not hugely into BSB. So sorry to hear of this though. Presume its a while ago now.

Were these actual 'in-use' race-bikes stolen mid-season ?

What on earth do the thieves think they can do with them. Might aswell have stolen a flashing beacon with a GPS tracker on it that plays loud tunes..... Everyone is gonna know what this is as a whole and surely question hyper-trick parts if broken......

End of season and yes they are the bikes the ones you see on TV and Hutchys was the stocker that holds the IOM TT superstock lap record 133.098mph with the outright lap record being 133.962mph on a full superbike.

One of the guys I talk to on the R1 forum is a mechanic with the Smiths team. Stevie his name is. TAS run a very professional team, I had a few of the TAS team merchandise when I had my Suzuki GSXR.

That might be Steve Dewick they run BMWs as well, he should know his stuff alright in fact anyone in the paddock no mater what they do would shock you with their work history and achievements and simply can't stay away from the sport.

Shame for Tommy Hill not being able to fund another year but good to see Team Traction Control stepping up to the superbikes. Mr Flint must be throwing a lot of money into his team.

Superbikes it's not cheap you buy the tyres maybe £160 a set x 4 sets Wets,Inters,SC1's and SC'2 then a set on the bike and a backup set for what your running. Fuel controlled by BSB maybe £100 - £200 for 50 litres x 4 drums a weekend for 2 superbikes min. Carbon fibre bodywork + paint £3000 a set, then a team of 10 men food each day somewhere to sleep from Thurs to Sunday and for us flights for 10+ people each round and ferry crossings and we do the roads as well in between BSB so we can have 10 weeks of straight racing no gaps, race weekends 7am - 10/11pm everyday and on Sunday a full day pack up and at Brands hatch 6hr drive to Holyhead 3hr boat (sleep) Dublin 6am at the workshop 8am. So to find all the money is hard and Mr Flint has to sell a lot of music to cover it and hope no one backs out of their deal or goes bust. On top of all that you have damage you could loose the entire bike in a crash with nothing useable after at £50,000 - £100,000 which can soon put a team out of business.

Reactions: Jimmy
Totally understand the scary cost of running a BSB team. Getting sponsors on board etc. How much input does say BMW put into TAS? I had some bits done to my bike at Bike Paints in Fife who look after the bodywork for Paul Bird's bikes and the work they had to do when PBM was in MotoGP was unreal, shipping parts worldwide after crashing on Friday practice and back on the bike on race day!

We host a factory technician at most rounds and the international road races normally one of 4 possible guys but BMW will support every BMW rider which no other manufacturer does. They look after the electronics (BSB have a fixed set of parameters all teams must meet and not change) and help a little with setup and we are allowed to have some extra spares (ecu's, clocks etc.) for the tech to use they have full access to us but are motorsport savvy so what they pass on hopefully does not disadvantage us. If they are not available at an event our guy will help if situation and time allows, we are fully backed after the last round at Brands Mark and I drove to Portsmouth with the bike still warm from the race in the van to Jerez Spain for a BMW test for 30 reporters to ride all the BMW team bikes if you Google "Tyco BMW Jerez" one of the reporters uploaded his footage on Hutchy's Superstock he thought the rear tyre was a little over used but it had picked up used rubber from the track as they were not always on the racing line and the world superbikes had raced there on the Sunday.

Similar Thread Suggestions