Bruno's Renault Clio RS197 - Albi Blue

Nice write up and some cracking photos Bruno! Glad that you're enjoying the car so much already.

It's been quite an experience I shall say. I've been gathering positive and negative points about it, and I will write you guys about it also.

Reactions: Jimmy
Very nice photos..bet the drive was tiring..

It was tiring but it was great at the same time, the views we get in the whole trip are somewhat amazing.. And beeing in a *new to me* car helped a lot! :smile:

Your car is looking great Bruno, love the numberplate. :thumb:

P.S.

We don't mention Spa or use our fog lamps when not foggy on this site! :excited:

I'm feeling kind of lost right now! haha

It was tiring but it was great at the same time, the views we get in the whole trip are somewhat amazing.. And beeing in a *new to me* car helped a lot! :smile:

I'm feeling kind of lost right now! haha
No need to worry nothing to offend you, just mocking a couple of previous threads.

Hey everyone!
Today I bring you nothing special actually, but something is better than nothing.

Somethings have been bothering me in my clio, for instante, my licence plate lights, they were failing, blinking and one was completely off.

Secondly, my exhaust... The B Pipe has 2 small brackets that hold the final exhaust, but they are failing and I hear a leak on cold starts, it bothers the hell out of me.
Question: The Akrapovic evo exhaust only fits on the RS200 or also in our 197?

Thirdly, I took the air filter to find a mess, the dealership didn't put a new one, plus, the filter box was filthy.
Question: Does K&N have air filters for our Clio RS?

32026675830_1d94edcd0f_o_d.jpg

31561545694_7c0c5fc815_o_d.jpg

Fourthly, I have a leak that I hate to see and have to see what's going on, because the car feels great, but it can be clearly better.

32026684920_b25098ceca_o_d.jpg

Fifthly, I've changed to language from the dashboard from German to English (in renault dealership) and they checked the car quickly to tell me that the inferior engine mount is in bad shape, so I'll have to replace it in germany with the warranty.

Oh and I solved this mess, too many sound cables doing nothing... Also noticed I'm missing the lid that settles over the battery, have to find one.
32403979615_e5dc03c489_o_d.jpg

While I was solving audio stuff, I bought two tweeter covers that were missing and I didnt know why... But the old owner had some aftermarket tweeters on and broke them, I didn't knew and I manage to brake one also.. :worried:

But still, this was before, I'll show some better pictures later when I wash/clean the car.

32283568101_634286bb25_o_d.jpg

I have to say, what a bad system for the bulb socket, for those who know, you know what I'm talking about, it's easy for the bulb cables to escape the metal socket, but I figured it out, cleaned everything and changed for two simple LEDs to make it look great on the Albi Blue paint.
EDIT: I actually have one of the lenses cracked, have to replace it.

32026396560_78f5cd25a0_o_d.jpg

31561259504_c92f87b0c5_o_d.jpg

I've cleaned everything in 2 or 3 minutes, just a quick wash and went to test everything, it went ok, assembled them again in the bumper and finished.
EDIT: I've also fixed the drivers door light

32283385541_2a23f54aee_o_d.jpg

32364431046_a8d2c0ee10_o_d.jpg

Then I asked my labrador to help me wash my car on a gorgeous sunny Portugal day... This was last week, today it's time to wash it again. Enjoy guys :wink:

31561430954_5eb3ccb58d_o_d.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy
Look forward to reading the progress on this thread!

I had that leaking problem before, haven't quite sussed it completely. My 200 has been off the road since December due to new job :worried:.. Maybe I'll start up thread..

That filter is filthyyyyyyyy...

Look forward to reading the progress on this thread!

I had that leaking problem before, haven't quite sussed it completely. My 200 has been off the road since December due to new job :worried:.. Maybe I'll start up thread..

That filter is filthyyyyyyyy...

I cleaned it, but I want a new and better one.

yup ... http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2927
replaced the oem filter with one of those in my clio about two years ago.

Thank you so much, and also great price.

Have to order it asap.

Reactions: peter
K&N or ITG amongst others can be cleaned and reused. Akrapovic will fit but you would have to either cut tailpipes or change to 200 diffuser. The LED bulbs make a difference. Is the leak coming from the small bolts?

Nice little update :smile:

Little things make a big difference!

My lab helps me wash my car also, here she is - muddy!

RenderedContent-2F0156C3-0218-42CB-B029-574A100FF5CC.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy