Bruno's Renault Clio RS197 - Albi Blue

brunodias

Platinum Member
Hey everyone. I introduced myself yesterday in this forum and I want to create this little log for my new to me, Clio RS197 in Albi Blue (I guess).

Then again, my name is Bruno, a Portuguese fellow living in Munich, Germany.

I was looking for a car for almost two months until I saw something that catched my eye on a dealership, here are the pictures I took the day I saw it.

30638810582_0e0da960a6_k_d.jpg

30454943830_243ad2d32c_k_d.jpg

30667244821_7309ebf9d7_k_d.jpg

30755483325_4e450ec85b_k_d.jpg

30638765362_2f2eee70a0_k_d.jpg

And that was it, next day I returned to the dealership and I bought it!
Was about 3 hours talking to the dealer, everything was nice, low mileage, 1 year warranty, full service including a new timing belt, and they even said they're going to give me a full tank of gas, GREAT! :smile:

That was two days ago, I went there today just to check it out, they have moved it, it says "Verkauf" (sold in german) and it was looking at me and begging me to drive it! :wink:

I didn't tho, I'm going to wait to get it ready and registered but I can't wait.

Here's some pictures from today, hope you enjoy them.

Cheers!
Bruno

30147205594_d58cf602c9_k_d.jpg

30143260913_7501999b33_k_d.jpg

30477971930_02bf63f110_k_d.jpg

30778746955_275ec3932e_k_d.jpg

30477965260_44195ad421_k_d.jpg

30778744805_9dd1abed1e_k_d.jpg

30778745905_4d4a2f1cea_k_d.jpg

30778751985_286adcf013_k_d.jpg

Really nice start to your thread Bruno. Keep those updates coming thick and fast :smile:

I see (Like many Clio's) your's has the infamous "orange-rust" hubs. Great place to start would be to get some quality black paint on those. Will freshen up the look hugely......

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY :smile:

when is the modding going to start or you are keeping it standard??
from what i can see there's plenty to do to it..you can find tons of upgrades on this forum so dont hesitate to have a search through our project threads sction

enjoy

Really nice start to your thread Bruno. Keep those updates coming thick and fast :smile:

I see (Like many Clio's) your's has the infamous "orange-rust" hubs. Great place to start would be to get some quality black paint on those. Will freshen up the look hugely......

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY :smile:

Thank you so much! Well, to be really honest, I will try to find one alternative, I'm really used to have simple lugnuts on my civic, makes everything much easy and secure, not a fan of bolts, so that will be something to take care of :wink:

when is the modding going to start or you are keeping it standard??
from what i can see there's plenty to do to it..you can find tons of upgrades on this forum so dont hesitate to have a search through our project threads sction

enjoy

Hey Pav! I'm honestly "that kind of guy". I wanted to buy this as my daily, and so I did.

I also said I'm going to keep it standard... But I'm already searching for things! haha, so it should be slightly modded, to my own taste. First I need to drive it. A LOT.

I took a pic at your project, and WOW! :O

I'm going to leave my social media links here, in case you want to see things prior to the forum :smile:

IG: @brunodiasyt
FB: @brunodiasyt
Twitter: @brunodiasyt

Very nice car, Bruno! It will be worth the wait once you do get chance to be behind the wheel!

I have to admit, at the begining I wasn't that excited about it but it's starting to grow on me, thank you for the words :wink:

Here's a little something.

Reactions: Jimmy
Hello everyone! sorry for the late late late post.
Last time I wrote something was on November 5 because it took a while for me to be able to register the car but everything is now just fine.

So, what's new? Finally got the RS197 with me, got it on December 8 I believe with a full tank of gas and ready to roll.

As I'm currently living/working in Munich - Germany, I had to travel to my home country, Portugal.
And so I did, drove from Munich to Luxembourg to visit some family, and did about 800km with absolutelly no complaints, car was running smooth and I already expected it to be a bit drunk, because I instantly noticed the short geared gearbox.

At 6:30 in the morning I drove through Belgium and visited Spa Francorchamps for the second time, just to take some pictures before heading to Holland to get my sweet dog (was there while I was working) and then drove all the way to Portugal.

Complete trip was about 3000km and I was thrilled with the little pocket rocket, only thing I needed to do was always stopping on Repsol gas station and filling up with 98 neotech :smile:

Thus far I've been driving alot around here, picked the car with 99800km and it's already about to hit 105000km.
I've noticed my exhaust makes a little bit of noise when I start it up (in the midpipe) and I have to sort that out soon and maybe delete temporarily the Cat/Resonator.

The oil still has a great color and it's still in the same level.

I will post more, as I have some travels to drive to some great places here in Portugal, I will leave here some pictures for you guys.

Cheers!
Bruno

31253552273_620cea3ddc_k_d.jpg

31222377084_861bf695c5_k_d.jpg

31945860091_493161fe97_k_d.jpg

31945910061_28b46f87ea_k_d.jpg

32063771125_c1c02677a0_k_d.jpg

32063828765_b9690bf925_k_d.jpg

Brilliant pictures and brilliant car mate! Absolutely love that first one!!! :smiley:

Edit: do you know what springs are on it? It's sat very very nicely in pic 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: brunodias
Brilliant pictures and brilliant car mate! Absolutely love that first one!!! :smiley:

Edit: do you know what springs are on it? It's sat very very nicely in pic 5.

Indeed I Do, H&R springs! I only know because they also registered the springs in the documents and last week I had the car on the elevator and I confirmed! :smile:

Reactions: Dystant
Hi
Great car and enjoy. This is one of best colours for 197. Really like it.
I will follow your updates.

It is really my favourite color on them. Maybe also the white.. But this one looks really great. Thank you for the positive feedbacks :smile: