brake-lines.co.uk

richandgem

Platinum Member
Time for a proper moan I'm afraid, but at the same time its a friendly warning.
I've been spending a few quid recently on "upgrading" the Clio's and after much debate decided to keep the 197 standard apart from a new set of braided lines to take some of the spongeyness out the pedal.
After seeing the quality and apperance of Welsharabs I decided to go for some HEL lines so I went and ordered a set of transparent yellows from http://www.brake-lines.co.uk
That was on the 5th of August, the delivery time is quoted as being 3-5 working days on standard delivery so they are more than a little overdue. I have sent them several emails and had no response, made numerous attempts at contacting them by phone but the number goes straight through to answer phone. And I now see that Google checkout (the method I used to pay) no longer process their payment online :worried:
So it looks as though I'm going to be left £57 out of pocket unless I can claim the money back from my credit card.

Moral of the story is to avoid them at all cost people and learn from my mistake

not good fella :evil:

get on to your credit card company as the transaction is actually with them and the goods have not been supplied - so you have a case for refund :wink:

your credit card company will advise you that you must give them 30 days to deliver the goods, do not cancel the order! Once 30 days are up they will issue a chargeback....

Can you tell it's happened to me a few times?

Thats a strange one, I have them and I didnt buy them from that site. Mine arrived within two days aswell.

The site looks a bit of a scam compared to what I'm lead to believe is the official site try the contact number from this site and both the sites given have links to each other through pictures up the top right of the page,

http://www.helcarkits.co.uk/

or their bike site,
http://www.h-e-l.co.uk/

Hope you get it sorted,its no good when something like that happens.

Sorry to hear this Rich, I know you have been thinking about getting them for a while. It makes what should be an exciting prospect turn a bit frustrating :roll:

sorry to revive an old thread but has anybody else dealt with these recently? i wish i would have read this thread first. i ordered some front hoses for the clio and they have sent rears and as usual theres no answer :thumbdown:

The correct sites for HEL are the ones Mark has posted above.

I got mine through www.motorsportworld.co.uk , who don't hold them in stock but take your payment and have your goods sent directly to you from the manufacturer. They do this with everything, hence why their prices are very competitive and why I'm a loyal customer. Anyway... When I ordered mine, HEL were about to close for Christmas (Ordered on the Weds, HEL due to close on the Fri) and I was advised that I may have to wait until New Year for delivery, which wasn't a problem. But, then a parcel arrived on the Friday morning, direct from HEL.

HEL are good guys from my experience, I've had two sets off them now. So, if that shop try to pass the blame then tell them to ''shut the front door''. :smile:

I got my Hel lines from brake-lines.co.uk and didn't have any problem. They came in 4 days. Got some goodridge line for my plus bike too and they were spot on.

Il give them a couple days to get back to me next week before I try chasing through other roots. Delivery was on time if nothing else haha.