Bored of the 197 ( But will probably keep it. Because they are awesome )

Have I haha. I just talk too much. I'm always in work, like now; )
20 posts a day haha, nah. Better than Facebook though!

Last edited:
I know Ant I'm signed up but away and get back just before but need new tires on the back beforehand. Infact I'll get them booked in for the week I'm back.[emoji106]

Oh and it will be a good thing to get your guys opinion on my cars performance on the Dales meet too.

Last edited:
I know Ant I'm signed up but away and get back just before but need new tires on the back beforehand. Infact I'll get them booked in for the week I'm back.[emoji106]

Oh and it will be a good thing to get your guys opinion on my cars performance on the Dales meet too.

Yeh can do a few tests with someone elses see how it performs etc.

If you fancy tripping down the m62 you should come and check out my 197, might even let you drive it. Mine has virtually no flat spot (pretty much say no flat spot ha) whatsoever, upgraded exhaust. Power and noise is spot on, pulls really strong even from lower revs. The noise is addictive, anyone that has experienced it loves it. Coming from guys with m5's, i8's and fez 458!

You're on. Yeah but I might cry when get back in mine haha. Where are you?

Just outside of hull so you basically get on the m62 and that's it ha! Brand new pirellis all round, new discs and pads, vpower nitro, two weeks ago full service inc. cambelt and water pump. Stuff of dreams! It's a black ff, carbon roof, anthracite wheels and matching painted rear diffuser

[MENTION=53031]197RS[/MENTION] I may just bob over. Car sounds nice. [MENTION=51439]The ANT[/MENTION] I was actually wondering that today when I filled up. Just put premium in. Limited choice where I live in the sticks :worried:

No offence meant but I don't see the point in coming on here & whining about not liking your choice of car... telling other owners about it isn't going to change things, if you not happy with it buy something else & move on, its as easy as that.
For the record over the past 30 years ive owned/built plenty of high performance & track orientated stuff & usually tire of them after a couple of years regardless of how powerful they may or may not be but ive had the 200 for longer than most of my toys (over 3 years) & it still does it for me both on & off track.

Last edited:
Actually Steve11 you're wrong because I always get a lot of info everytime. That's the point of the forum. Is it running right? Is there something I can check etc etc and we don't all like the same things either. What does it for you, doesn't do it for me.
The whole point of a forum is exactly that, to exchange thoughts and receive/ give advice. I'm always learning, I've got a few things to try out to see if it will improve the performance, simple things. So I disagree with you.
AND I've got a 197 not a 200 so I don't see how what you've said is relevant really. I'm talking to others with a 197.

I don't want it to either. I always look for advice on here, isn't that the point? ?
And thanks to the guys Ant in particular, as I'm going to give the car a chance haha. I think he was right in my 172 having sentimental value and I need to stop comparing the two. They are different. So im coming to the meet in the Dales and meeting all you great guys.

Last edited:
I am enjoying my 197 at the moment (after two months of ownership) but the recent faults (split flexi, knock coming from the front left (anti rot link, tre etc?)) is slowing starting to annoy me. I know that sorting the faults out will transfer the car completely so I am hopeful the fun factor will improve once everything is sorted.
I owned a focus st 2008 facelift previously and that was a beast. thirsty as hell, hence why i sold it, but it was incredible to drive. not quite a raw as the clio but the grunt all the way through the rev range was amazing...
Stick to the clio for a bit longer, investigate the possible lack of power and sort yourself out with a different exhaust :smile:

Yeah thanks millsey2010 I've had it about 4 months but the past month I've not 'driven ' it due to being busy. I'm sorting through problems with it too. Had cambelt dephaser water pump etc and a manifold. Got a creak on steering now so that needs to be sorted in the next few weeks. Do think it's running under power so I'll get dyno on that. As far as exhaust, I'll wait a while before consider that as it's quite costly. I didn't want to do many mods if any. It is something I've thought about.

Go to the meet, drive it properly and keep up with the members. You'll enjoy :smile: Gets your heart pumping for sure! Make sure you get good rubber though!

Similar Thread Suggestions