boot leak :(

Checked mine just, been shopping to Sainsbury's, so had to put it in the boot. Quick look and guess what, water in the boot. Going to book it in at Renault again and tell them where to look now you have shone some light on where it is most likely coming from.

100% fix this. I did leave all the carpet and what not out just to keep an eye on it. Not one drop f water since, so put it all back together yesterday

:smile:

That's not good Arran

No Roy, it chuffing aint when they had the b******ding thing for 3 f***ing days and still didn't fix the French bag!

Sorry, shouting over. Will get it booked in, but going to ask them to replace the tool tray and contents too, as they are starting to rust now. Will be telling them where to look first this time and I aint going to be happy if they want £18 a day for a courtesy car either.

Last edited:
Theirs a surprise, seems that Renault don’t like investing in quality rubber seals, running theme with all their range.

This should be redone in the “how to” section as this is most likely going to happen to all Clios with the same design.

Good work on finding the problem Gaz and hope you have more luck this time Arran.

Did you get this fixed in the end Arran? Just found a bit of water in the boot that looks exactly like this. I'll go for this fix but, interested to see if Reno ever fixed yours using this method?

Yes, they finally fixed it, but didn't fit the bumper back on properly. Had to take it back and demand they put it back on right. They really didn't want to as it was on a Saturday and they were short staffed. I don't even know what tit was they did, as usual the service desk guy didn't really know other than 'we've replaced some seals'. It made my jack rusty, but changed the car before asking for a new one.

Thanks Arran I was just wondering if you knew exactly what they were as I'm gonna get them priced up. Think I'll take the bumper off tomorrow and have a butchers any way...

Great topic, finally got mine fixed! Had some rear damage some time ago, which was (very nicely) repaired. Started leaking short after.
At a certain point it was leaking so bad that 1 shower meant tool compartiment was completely full. I've been placing towels in it every day for the last 2 weeks, lol.

Went back yesterday to get it fixed; was this vent! Already been repaired with silicone in the past but been redone now. Problem solved!

Good man

I re did mine last year with Tiger seal as the original silicone had shrunk. Not leaked since.

:smile: