Boosted 7UP track toy - New Toy Revealed

I am sure you have thought long and hard, before making this decision,but unless you have personal reasons for selling Danny,maybe reconsider?.I met you at RST a while back, and you have a fantastic car that will be hard to replace. My Clio Shed has taken around a year on and off,to get it back to where it should be, and there were many very frustrating times.Take the word of an old man, think again, very carefully. If no change of heart, then good luck with the sale.

Reactions: DannyAG200
what??please say you are only having a bad day :screamcat:
Nope, it will be gone in 6 days lol

Moving on to an Evo8, much better allround car in my eyes.
Sorry to hear that you're selling up. Amazing car. GLWS

Appreciate the kind words, truely epic building such a cool car

I am sure you have thought long and hard, before making this decision,but unless you have personal reasons for selling Danny,maybe reconsider?.I met you at RST a while back, and you have a fantastic car that will be hard to replace. My Clio Shed has taken around a year on and off,to get it back to where it should be, and there were many very frustrating times.Take the word of an old man, think again, very carefully. If no change of heart, then good luck with the sale.

I sure do remember yourself! I have thought quite abit about it, i was actually meant to be getting an evo before i built my car. So now is the chance to do it before loosing more money on my car.
I mean 5 years of ownership is huge for myself

Its a 100% sale, in touch with another person too
Either way its heading up your way! Scotland, just not as north as yourself

I had an EVO FQ400 running 630BHP, sold because things kept breaking.Now running the Clio Shed 320/340, and it is just as quick, but even quicker in the twisty bits, and this one is a keeper.Good luck with your future cars, would be nice to see you on a track day soon.

I had an EVO FQ400 running 630BHP, sold because things kept breaking.Now running the Clio Shed 320/340, and it is just as quick, but even quicker in the twisty bits, and this one is a keeper.Good luck with your future cars, would be nice to see you on a track day soon.

Yeah i get that, but evo i am after will only be having bolt ons and a small map, not bigger turbo and so on,
Kinda want to have a road car and dedicated track car, my clio is unusable on the roads, just dont find it fun, however on track its forever having people look over it and say its super fast.

I may regret but im sure i can build another for slightly less if i ever do it again

So, little update...

Took the clio out last night for a little blast to clean brakes and so on

I was actually left feeling a little down, being 2lt turbod and over 280bhp

Compairing it to me evo.. (if its stock power) but delivery of power from the meg engine isnt as great as i remember

Dont get me wrong i liked it and its a big improvement, but, that morning i had done around 5 hours driving of an NA 197.
Safe to say in my eyes putting a meg engine into these cars is not right at all

NA felt much more fun, however only positive from my clio i found the diff is still incredible and the noise etc

So thoughts.....

If/when i get another mk3 it will be a pretty basic stripped, cage, bolt on mods and map, diff

Makes you realise how fun the cars are in the NA form

pretty sure you are right when it comes to tracking it but for every day driving,i found the turbo way better for me...

Yeah they are fun as standard, but always lack that bit of extra oomph that people seek with the meg conversion!

Perhaps a full forged ITB build then? To keep it NA :wink:

I'd agree somewhat Danny.

And with all respect; some here getting their Clio's megged are quite young and appear to think they then become the fastest cars on Earth; talking of embarrassing supercars etc etc. Now - megging might (Or not as the case may be) be easier, cheaper (and more fun as a project ?) compared to selling up and buying another car with the then same performance; but in real-World terms i'd hardly call performance afterwards Earth shattering in this day and age. Seriously - these guys need to go in a mildy tuned GTR [Old or new], an old 911 Turbo with tweaks, a 400+ bhp Evo, even an older Starion, Impreza, or a £6k Kit-car etc etc to get an idea of what sort of standard other (Very achievable) cars are at these days. Not to mention straight-line performance of two-wheeled vehicles if that's where you live your life and straight line speed means everything.

I realise this is a Clio forum; and perhaps we are all Clio biased. But we also should not be so short sighted as to realise what else is out there and how our cars compare at any level. In saying that - there is no doubt the performance difference between a standard N/A version and a 280bhp version etc etc is vast. And the standard car is TBH no more these days - than 'nippy' in terms of outright speed. And Meg'd would be alot more fun anywhere. Especially as a daily i'd imagine in some ways day-in and day out actually having some real-World bottom end grunt.

Take that as you want. But from having been in some proper-quick cars that's my perspective.

Reactions: suj and DS197
pretty sure you are right when it comes to tracking it but for every day driving,i found the turbo way better for me...

Everyday driving i drive a meg sport anyway, its allot faster than my daily too, but something doesnt do it for me for some reason,

Yeah they are fun as standard, but always lack that bit of extra oomph that people seek with the meg conversion!

Perhaps a full forged ITB build then? To keep it NA :wink:

I get people want abit extra oomph, but you change allot when doing the conversion

Nah id be happy to just use stock engine, v6 box, map it smooth
Then driving the limits of it

But then again mk3 clio is actually a pretty expensive car to maintain correctly tbh

Everyday driving i drive a meg sport anyway, its allot faster than my daily too, but something doesnt do it for me for some reason,

I get people want abit extra oomph, but you change allot when doing the conversion

Nah id be happy to just use stock engine, v6 box, map it smooth
Then driving the limits of it

But then again mk3 clio is actually a pretty expensive car to maintain correctly tbh

It is that! Part of the reason I changed to the 200t!