Bonnet sound insulation

I've got the insulation and when I ran the car without it there wasn't any difference in engine noise levels at all.

Mine doesn't have it either. Not that I'd want it - extra weight and it's hot enough under the bonnet as it is!

Probably standard equipment on early Clios but deleted as the model aged to save costs. I can't see it's needed from either a heat or noise perspective really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it not protect the paint on the bonnet though?

This. I'd expect it to be a heat shield more than sound insulation. Not that the Clio is noisy anyway.

I ditched mine from the BMW about 4 years ago. Everything is still fine.

This. I'd expect it to be a heat shield more than sound insulation. Not that the Clio is noisy anyway.

I ditched mine from the BMW about 4 years ago. Everything is still fine.

On the flip-side: I ditched it on a pretty heavily modded (Engine wise) car of mine once that did run pretty warm at times. And the paint on the bonnet did eventually crack and require respraying.

It was French mind. So take my comments with a pinch of salt :smile:

Reactions: Pav and ///M
you can have mine if you are not far from Manchester..
Pav

Do you still have your bonnet insulation? Mine burnt through when the manifold started blowing on the weld seams, be happy to pick up some time and give you something for it...

Cheers

Pav

Do you still have your bonnet insulation? Mine burnt through when the manifold started blowing on the weld seams, be happy to pick up some time and give you something for it...

Cheers
if you can collect no worries...not sure i would like to post it as its quite bendy..
just so you know i like beer :drunk:

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate