Bolt in half cage questions.

Im planning purchasing a roll cage this week. Its going to be a half cage bolt in. I’m just wondering if the dash will need stripped and windscreen off sort of job? Or could I get away with leaving the dash complete? Also will the plates bolt onto existing points within the car? Or is there drilling involved? Also how hard are they to fit etc?

Cheers

Half cage ? Rear only ? Only front cage may require dash mods

What you going for ?
Yeah rear only sorry. It’s from a Tim finch I think his name is? Seems to be the go to guy for clio parts.

Attachments

• 665CC16C-200D-4659-9169-194793ADED1E.png
    665CC16C-200D-4659-9169-194793ADED1E.png
    686.5 KB · Views: 38
Looks like you will be welding in spreader plates and bolting through

Wonder how much Tim charges to fit ?

Looks like you will be welding in spreader plates and bolting through

Wonder how much Tim charges to fit ?
Would the spreader plates not be welded on the cage already? When bolting through I take it you’d just make a pilot and make sure you’re clear of anything important? He’s at the other end of the country unfortunately. If I need to the spreader plates welded I might just get a professional to do it. Sorry this is my first rodeo

To fit a rear half cage you won't need to do anything with the dash etc? lol

Front seats will need to be removed, place the cage in position, mark and drill the holes, put spreader plates under the car and then bolt it up. So in theory it will be the cage foot/plate inside and then a spreader plate underneath the car and then when you bolt if all up you then sandwhich the shell of the car. With that particular cage you won't hit anything under the car(i.e fuel lines etc)..

I have recently fitted a Safety Devices R20 full roll cage which is a work of art! Took me a whole weekend by myself and the odd hand from the misses to get it fitted.