black ops

Well play.com have messed up another order so i won't be playing cod until Thursday at the earliest.

I'm not impressed

Is Black Ops any good then those of you that have it?

I am very tempted to get it as I have the next 4 days off with sod all to do!

Last edited:
It's awesome!! A few changes from MW2 but good changes. You can really customize things like your gun and sights etc. A great game to waste away the time for sure and I've not even played single player yet.....but my friends have been raving about 6 hours of amazing game play and cinematography!

mine arrived yesterday and i been playing it a bit today.

I think its really good so far, glad i ended up buying it

im even more annoyed, after purchasing this game in full 2 months ago to receive on launch day, i still have not recieved my copy of black ops.

never ever use play.com, this is twice they have let me down.

im even more annoyed, after purchasing this game in full 2 months ago to receive on launch day, i still have not recieved my copy of black ops.

never ever use play.com, this is twice they have let me down.

when i pre-ordered F1 2010 and Fifa11 from them they arrived 2 or 3 days before launch day :S

Good choice, is Paul a fan? You'll be 'too busy' to do anything else put play it haha!

We have Modern Warfare 2 and both thought it was really good - love the online free-for-alls, although I am pants at it most of the time!!

Never got round to going and getting it the other day but will get it ordered soon for my next long weekend off!

rang play.com yesterday, they dont know where my game is. it has still not arrived over a week after launch day.

rubbish customer service tbh, they said i have to wait 21 days before they will give a refund or send another copy out.

i have heard many bad reviews actually about this, its supposed to be nothing compared to MW2.

i have just had a text, its arrived today. a week and a half after it was launched

...I've got mixed feelings about this game....still early stages yet, but I don't think its as good as MW2 so far....

treyarch made black ops and WAW, infinity ward made MW1 + MW2

that could be why there are some differences. i wasnt a fan of WAW

IMO Infinity Ward are by far the better developers but Treyarch have given it a good go and created a great game.

There's much less sniping and the maps to tend to have you running more than killing, it's completely different to MW2, the way I played in MW2 with Cold-Blooded and a Silencer, I've not even touched Ghost and Silencers on this game as there is no Stopping-Power Perk so it takes longer to kill everyone! Also the spawn points are sometime infuriating haha!

In all, it's a good game, nice to have a change from MW2 and Battlefield....it's all about Black Ops and Fifa 11 until the next game comes.....

^^^stopping power is now hardened mate.

I've been reading up on it and unfortunately it's a misconception..The Hardened Perk just means it goes through walls - FMJ basically. It has no increased damage against enemies when you hit them. Stopping-Power was increased damage against enemies by 40% on MW1 and MW2.

It has made the game much better as the guns were far too powerful on the old game, and everyone had stopping power as a perk. Now there's diversity which makes a change!!