Black Diamonds

Can someone please tell me what the attraction is for changing the diamonds to black????? To me the Renault emblem is silver, end of. If you owned a Ford would you change the blue oval? It just seems it everyone's first thing on the to do list. Black diamonds and silver bullets, RS badges just confuses me. This is not a rant I just personally don't see the need to do this. :think:

I'll get my coat and hide from the backlash!

Reactions: Big Ben and Micah
Can someone please tell me what the attraction is for changing the diamonds to black????? To me the Renault emblem is silver, end of. If you owned a Ford would you change the blue oval? It just seems it everyone's first thing on the to do list. Black diamonds and silver bullets, RS badges just confuses me. This is not a rant I just personally don't see the need to do this. :think:

I'll get my coat and hide from the backlash!
I can understand carbonbut thats it

It's just down to personal taste, what one person likes another will hate, remember every time someone does something you don't like, they didn't do it in the hope everyone will like it, they did it because they wanted to and looks good to them.

It's just down to personal taste, what one person likes another will hate, remember every time someone does something you don't like, they didn't do it in the hope everyone will like it, they did it because they wanted to and looks good to them.
I understand personal taste. It just seems that 90% of RS owners on here change them to black/carbon. I don't see any other car manufacturers logo getting a colour change. Is the silver Renault emblem that bad its first on the list to change? Why is this such a Renault specific thing?

Maybe the fact it is plain silver makes it easier to change. I can see why people do it as it can contrast quite nicely, especially RB. I’m debating black diamonds on my GW as I think it would blend the whole black strip on the front, but at the same time I also feel it should be left as is, so totally get your point.

I'm with you on the diamonds Colin.
Won't be changing mine. You don't seem to get this with other brands. Possibly Red Honda badge on type-r?
Each to their own though.
I happen to think on certain colours with the right wheel combo it looks pretty good though

Colin dear heart for me as I change my cars regularly and the miles I do it's protection over the silver diamonds and with the Black-D it looks OK but it's personal preference @LOCKE FB_IMG_1503211623478.jpg FB_IMG_1503211611537.jpg

Agreed on the fact that mods are always to an individual's taste - no one mod will please the masses wholesale. However I'm with you Locke on keeping things OEM - but again, that's my personal preference :smile:

On a similar subject, I've never understood why people de-badge cars. I can understand you might want to take off a 'lesser model' badge on something like a Merc/BMW/Audi, so as to disguise what it really is (snobbery??), but to remove them on something like a Clio RS, I don't really understand why you'd want to hide it. I realise there's aesthetic reasons for it too, but for me it's something to keep and show :smile:

Good topic.

I understand personal taste. It just seems that 90% of RS owners on here change them to black/carbon. I don't see any other car manufacturers logo getting a colour change. Is the silver Renault emblem that bad its first on the list to change? Why is this such a Renault specific thing?

On my Astra vxr j I've smoked chrome badges on it, I hated the silver, they just stood out like a sore thumb on a black car, on the Clio being albi not so much, I was going to smoke chrome them but I'm not so sure now, for me the smoked chrome is a great comprise as it's still got the shine and a hint of chrome but not a in your face shine of the chrome, although I think that your ly would look great with a smoked chrome badge I think it's the only colour that carries off the full chrome badge very well indeed

Actually my Clio is the first car I've left somewhat original, still might colour code the door handles and go for yellow calipers but that's my preference and I know some on here will hate the idea, it's all about what make me smile when I look at my car after all.

Yes good topic

Last edited:
i just like the more uniform look on a black car.

30399757362_5a88e6f7f9_b.jpg

would like to do the same to the exhaust tailpipe trims.
thought about wrapping them, but unsure if the wrap can take the heat ...

Reactions: Sean197
Thanks for the replies. I don't want anyone seeing this as a hate campaign it's just seems reading most newbie posts black diamonds are the first mod to have. If we were all the same life would be boring.

Thanks for the replies. I don't want anyone seeing this as a hate campaign it's just seems reading most newbie posts black diamonds are the first mod to have. If we were all the same life would be boring.
Your a Scot so being in the high country it's probably lack of oxygen that sets you off on these wild urges love you darling @LOCKE

Reactions: sevenfourate
Mine is black on the front only as I'm seeing if I like it or not, hence doing it in platidip. If I don't like it I'll peel it off, no biggie.

On my Astra vxr j I've smoked chrome badges on it, I hated the silver, they just stood out like a sore thumb on a black car, on the Clio being albi not so much, I was going to smoke chrome them but I'm not so sure now, for me the smoked chrome is a great comprise as it's still got the shine and a hint of chrome but not a in your face shine of the chrome, although I think that your ly would look great with a smoked chrome badge I think it's the only colour that carries off the full chrome badge very well indeed

Actually my Clio is the first car I've left somewhat original, still might colour code the door handles and go for yellow calipers but that's my preference and I know some on here will hate the idea, it's all about what make me smile when I look at my car after all.

Yes good topic
Do you have any pictures of the smoked chrome badges? I presume it's an aerosol product applied in layers?

I must confess I put the black covers on mine, as said above just to keep it a bit colour coded they stood out a little to much for my liking, also removed the C L I O lettering on the rear, it was just to much!

I think lots of badges are changed colour quite a common mod I would have said going to shows you see lots of changed badges - black audi rings, Ive seen different colour ford badges to, vw badges..

As said above its all just personal taste, and it must be a common mindset as so stated so many people do it.

Do you have any pictures of the smoked chrome badges? I presume it's an aerosol product applied in layers?
I'll try and get something sorted, yes your right, it's actually light tint spray! It's an arse to put on to get it to look right, it comes off easily as you can't key the badge but it looks so good! My cars are weekend toys so they don't get much driving, on a daily! Don't think they would hold up too well, but as I said they do look well and when they start to peel off you can put it in hot water and it just scrapes off with your nail.

Ps it's just one go at it, if you do it in layers you loose the chrome effect and you have to lay the one coat on thick and let it settle, putting it on lightly (as you would normally) gives it a hazey look, as I said, it's an arse to do.

Reactions: DS197