Black 197 color combos

As I'm not a big fan of black-on-black style cars, what I usually see - black wheels black badges black everything, I would like some good suggestions on the color combinations for a black 197.

Car is totally stock, with stock silver wheels:

renault-clio-2.0-16v-sport-full-slika-62729682.jpg
(just about to pick it up this week)

What comes in mind, are some dark-gray gloss (or maybe carbon but not black painted) accents - like for example diffuser (to stand out a bit), front lip or splitter, maybe even to get a cup roof spoiler and paint it that way.
Wheels as well - go for a titan finish, or something else?

Put in some thoughts.

e82a5eedee4a06d802f998415f241495.jpg

Black and gold

(Old photo, My badges are balcked out now and I have carbon grills and other bits [emoji108])

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dystant
Black and Anthracite always looks really nice, so you could get the alloys sprayed that colour then go for a few highlights, as you said diffuser and maybe wing mirror caps would look really really good IMO :smiley:

Yeah black and gold is a good one, but I'm still missing the rear diffuser standing out a bit from the black :smiley:

Anthracite or so called titan is one way, yes:

p5.renault-clio-petrol-hatchback.jpg

Reactions: Ryan Levett
Yeah black and gold is a good one, but I'm still missing the rear diffuser standing out a bit from the black :smiley:

Anthracite or so called titan is one way, yes:

p5.renault-clio-petrol-hatchback.jpg
Grey wheels do look very good, if you were feeling bold you could do the diffuser in yellow or red then match the accent on the calipers and wingmirrors and spoiler end plates?

e96acf4d8501ff4099cd17d1f7f241ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: shells2074
If you really wanted a theme;

Spray anthracite alloys, door handles, door bullets, diffuser, wing mirror caps, and if you ended up getting a cup spoiler you could spray the end caps anthracite too!

I think this would be subtle enough to break up the black but would look really nice.

Black with anthracite wheels looks great. Remember less is more!

Im with this. Classy not crass !

Although the red wheel version posted by Sean look awesome too imo.

Then again with the right gold wheel its a bit of a looker.

Choices,choices...... :smile:

Black with anthracite wheels looks great. Remember less is more!

Im with this. Classy not crass !

Although the red wheel version posted by Sean looks awesome too imo.

Then again with the right gold wheels its a bit of a looker.

Choices,choices...... :smile:

Them red alloys look pretty smart!
+1 on that one! Red wheels looks very nice. Im also stuck with my stock black 197
Was going to go anthracite on the wheels and carbon skinned badges, but seeing red rims.... hmmmmmm

This is my 197, it came with the alloys painted Porsche GT3 green but I'm not a fan, will be going for black/anthracite grey when I've got some time over winter!

_DSC0020_zpsqqmupyrn.jpg

Anyone seen some pics of black 197 with bronze gold wheels? Std ones or Ultras or whatever? Please share :smile: