Bike Carrier - 197

Has anyone had any experience of / or using a rear mounted cycle carrier on a 197. Poking around at the mo but price differences are varied and so it seems, is the quality. Don't really want to go onto the roof as MTB is carbon and my memory ain't the best anymore!!!!

not actually tried it on the clio but the Saris Bone is one of the best ever!!
but not sure if will fit if you have a spoiler.

if you are going to buy a rear mounted one the saris bones is brilliant, my only trouble with it is the pads that sit on the boot lid are quite hard rubber and it'll mark the paint if you're not careful
ive bought a whispbar roof rack with a couple of thule pro riders for the clio and its perfect imo, its almost silent when on the move so you can leave it on semi permanently in the summer, more time for riding :wink:

I use my parents ratty old thing that's over 16yrs old, covered in pipe lagging, it carries three bikes beautifully. We've never replaced it as I've never found a new modern one that is as good, they are all so over engineered.

Recently though I've pulled the rear seats out and my road bike fits well in with only one wheel out works well for my journey to work. And I can fit my enduro in sliding the passenger seat forward :smile:

Don't use them, I've had a 2500 pound bike fall off the back of them. The best way is put the rear seats down, lay an old duvet in there are put bikes in the back, I fitted mine and my mates dh bikes in mine the other day, bit if a squeeze but can be done!

Interesting differences really so thanks folks. Like the look of the Saris-Bone jobby. Currently I'm just unclipping both wheels and putting it in the back with the seats down but it's a bit of a pain and easy to scratch the back of the Recaros and the Dog wants it's duvet back. Bit more research I think............

I’ve often found rear racks can cause small scratches due to pads moving / rubbing against body work.

I’ve used roof bars on my last 4 cars and probably wouldn’t go back now.

I got brand new Renault roof bars for £80.

I’ve just got to remember when I’ve got my bikes on board and not to enter multi-storey car parks!

40156615be17ffc78b0647de2e81d5a5.jpg

I’ve often found rear racks can cause small scratches due to pads moving / rubbing against body work.

I’ve used roof bars on my last 4 cars and probably wouldn’t go back now.

I got brand new Renault roof bars for £80.

I’ve just got to remember when I’ve got my bikes on board and not to enter multi-storey car parks!

View attachment 111275

Proper tourer car.

My dad went under a low bridge with 2 bikes on top of his car...

Similar Thread Suggestions