Big Bens Albi

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Big Ben, Dec 9, 2016.

1. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Moderator

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Group buy ? ***Not for this thread though :smile:

Sleep well Ben !

Johnny 99 and Big Ben like this.

2. LOCKE

LOCKE Paid Member

Glasgow
    RB 182 Cup/LY 197 R27
    280 in a Clio = big fun! Hope everything goes smoothly Ben.

Big Ben likes this.
  3. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Inverness
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Yeah, using my exisiting engine & box is part of the appeal. It's currently on 29k miles & I know it's been looked after. I know my synchros are good as they were checked when I had my Quaife diff fitted. Diff would also be good to keep. I know some say Clio ratios are too low, but as my Clio is my fun car & not my daily plus gets tracked I don't think that would be an issue. I like the idea of keeping the naturally aspirated feel of revving the engine that the supercharged option seems to provide from what I've read. I'm less keen of the 5mpg on track that I've read about though! I got 13 mpg at Cadwell Pk a couple of weeks ago. Academic really as I don't see myself being in a position to do a conversion for a while. Just as well I love her as she is, but as you know where power is concerned " Too much is never enough"!

Big Ben likes this.
  4. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    :smiley: "nothing silly" only about half as much power again compared to what you already had!!!

Big Ben likes this.
  5. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Fife, Scotland
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    Guarantee you'll be bored of/used to the power within 6 months :wink:

Pav, Big Ben, Beany and 2 others like this.
  6. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Haha.... not forgetting nearly double the torque as well:wink:
    Car will be totally different to drive with all that torque but I'll have to learn to live with it...!

Beany likes this.
  7. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Doubt it'll take that long:wink:

Sean197 likes this.
  8. Sean197

Fife, Scotland
    Which will give out first - Ben's thirst for more power, or the front tyres :wink:

Benno996 and Big Ben like this.
  9. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Slippery slope I'm heading down I can tell haha. Need me one of those money trees:grinning:

10. Sean197

Fife, Scotland
    I have one, it's called a 0% credit card LOL

Benno996 and Big Ben like this.
  11. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    EXACTLY!!!

As for "learn to live with it"... sucks to be you mate, I'm sure that's going to be a real pain in the arse...

Big Ben likes this.
  12. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    think i want more already..its so addictive knowing you can get more...

Beany and Sean197 like this.
  13. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Makes me wonder if I'm getting enough already:think:

Beany likes this.
  14. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    its like with everything else..soon you find yourself in a 500 bhp car thinking,umm i could do with more..its natural for petrol heads..

Jimmy likes this.
  15. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Friday update:

Short day work wise so gave her a quick clean. Happy with the door bullets. Not massively noticeable but I know they're there:grinning:

Really happy with the Sprint spoiler. Makes a world of difference imo. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Early start tomorrow morning as car is going to Beaniesport for Megane conversion. Getting a bit of cold feet if I'm honest! Car has never been so good in my spell of ownership yet I'm about to pay someone bundles to rip the heart out of it!:fearscream:

I'm sure once it's too late to change my mind I'll settle down lol

Can't wait to compare the driving experience between N/A & boost. Been a long time since I've driven anything with petrol turbo.

Cheers for checking in. Will hopefully have some pics to share as the conversion goes along.

Couple of photos:french:

IMG_1347.JPG IMG_1349.JPG

16. Benno996

Benno996 Gold Member

North Wilts
    UR 197
    Always a big deal handing over that sort of money to someone when it's concerning your pride and joy! I'm sure Beaniesport will do you proud and you'll be grinning from ear to ear. I'm very much looking forward to Bedford, find out on Monday my start date so everything is crossed for this!

I think you've twisted my arm with the Sprint spoiler, suits the back end so well! Been toying with this or the Cup, but I think that's a bit too full on for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pav and Big Ben like this.
  17. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Be nice to add you to the growing list for Bedford mate. Work comes first of course!
    Sprint Spoiler would look great on your car:wink:

Benno996 likes this.
  18. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Gold Member

Medway, Kent
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Sprint is the one to go for - I had a good ogle at Ben's when it was at Blyton and it's a work of art!

Ben, you completely echo Pav's feelings when the Witch went in (and I'd be exactly the same), but just look at him now - like a dog with two winkles, unless that's him around women full stop!
    I'd also be feeling very confident it has gone to someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing, in fact, if I'd have had it done, it would definitely have been BeanieSport doing the conversion. Good luck for tomorrow matey :smile:

Pav, Big Ben and Benno996 like this.
  19. Benno996

Benno996 Gold Member

North Wilts
    UR 197
    I am REALLY hoping to get there. Be nice to get her on track before going off the road for 6 months...makes me kinda sad. I'm thinking about a respray whilst I'm gone so might be good to get the Sprint at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Thanks mate.