Big Bens non Clio

Small update.

Car is booked into Two Techs Dartford next Thursday to have the following fitted:

Cup Shocks front and rear
New 30/30mm Grams lowering springs from Kamracing (Ordered today)
New lower swivel joints both sides
New Renault top mounts

Car should hopefully feel stiffer and tighter with all that work done:grinning:

Spring rates on my car when new we're approx 29nm front and 40nm rear.
New Kamracing spring rates are 45nm front and 51nm rear.
Quite a bit stiffer than Renault Cup springs. Hopefully not to harsh ride wise!

Thanks for looking

Nice one Ben, some great work happening to the car - sorry for nicking your slot. If it's any consolation, mine won't be ready today so will have to pick up tomorrow afternoon :tongueout:
My mate said the springs aren't that harsh, so you should get on with them just fine, but if you don't, you just need to man up :smiley:

Reactions: Big Ben
Small update.

Car is booked into Two Techs Dartford next Thursday to have the following fitted:

Cup Shocks front and rear
New 30/30mm Grams lowering springs from Kamracing (Ordered today)
New lower swivel joints both sides
New Renault top mounts

Car should hopefully feel stiffer and tighter with all that work done:grinning:

Spring rates on my car when new we're approx 29nm front and 40nm rear.
New Kamracing spring rates are 45nm front and 51nm rear.
Quite a bit stiffer than Renault Cup springs. Hopefully not to harsh ride wise!

Thanks for looking

"Small update" my RS.........

Ben: Are you hormonal right now ? You've gone from buying something else, keeping the Clio, seling the Clio to now falling in love with it all over again and throwing your credit-card at it.....

In all seriousness; if im wrong and it doesn't drive superb after THAT lot i'll not clean my car for a whole week as punishment.

Look forward to hearing all about it :smile:

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
Nice one Ben, some great work happening to the car - sorry for nicking your slot. If it's any consolation, mine won't be ready today so will have to pick up tomorrow afternoon :tongueout:
My mate said the springs aren't that harsh, so you should get on with them just fine, but if you don't, you just need to man up :smiley:
Only rang Terry this morning so wasn't expecting a slot this week:wink:
I am on the standby list though!

Last car I lowered was a 5turbo 15yrs ago!! Looking forward to being shaken about again:grinning:

Reactions: ///M
"Small update" my RS.........

Ben: Are you hormonal right now ? You've gone from buying something else, keeping the Clio, seling the Clio to now falling in love with it all over again and throwing your credit-card at it.....

In all seriousness; if im wrong and it doesn't drive superb after THAT lot i'll not clean my car for a whole week as punishment.

Look forward to hearing all about it :smile:
It the time of the month...

Will keep you posted as always. Car is running great and hoping the extra goodies tighten it up further like you say:grinning:

** builders only use bangers 'n' mash as payment:wink:

LUCKY they are Blue too; to somewhat match your car. How lucky was that :smile:

Were you ever a fisherman Ben ? I believe they call our sort "Tackle Tarts".....

When do we get to see some new stance pics buddy ?

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
LUCKY they are Blue too; to somewhat match your car. How lucky was that :smile:

Were you ever a fisherman Ben ? I believe they call our sort "Tackle Tarts".....

When do we get to see some new stance pics buddy ?
Tackle tart, Tool tart...
Any of the above^^:grinning:

All booked in for next Thursday. Photos to follow as always

Reactions: sevenfourate
They look good Ben! Out of interest, what made you choose those springs over H&R etc? Stance will look epic on those gold wheels!

They look good Ben! Out of interest, what made you choose those springs over H&R etc? Stance will look epic on those gold wheels!
I like to be different occasionally Jimmy!
The write up on them said they were particularly suited to cup shocks which I'm also fitting so thought I'd take a punt. Micah said his mate had them on a 200 and rated them which helped.

Have to say customer service from Kamracing was exceptional. Even threw in next day delivery free of charge:grinning:

Hope they look and drive as good as they say...