Big Bens non Clio

Cancelled mine with them, wanted £220 off me, Flux gave me the same cover for £56 plus European cover...!

Little bit disappointed, I messaged him straight after he posted on Facebook on Sunday and still had nothing through!

I had cover with my Lloyds bank account a few years back, however when they left me stranded on the side of the M69 with a delaminated tyre and coolant pissing out for 5 hours I quite promptly cancelled...they couldn't give a damn on the phone either..

Yeah similar sort of ridiculous quote I had. I phone them up, argue for half an hour and they knock it down to a new member price...

Reactions: Benno
Good news that all is sorted and a huge plus that it was done for free! The 'thing' that caused the burning - it didn't happen to be spades of extra power and a heavy right foot did it? :wink:

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Good news that all is sorted and a huge plus that it was done for free! The 'thing' that caused the burning - it didn't happen to be spades of extra power and a heavy right foot did it? :wink:
I don’t know what you could possibly mean:innocent:
Sounds like the heat shield from the turbo could’ve been slightly better placed to protect the servo and hoses. But just one of those trackday things imo.
Front discs are warped slightly:grin: so getting new Brembo HC discs fitted with braided lines all round and new fluid. Whilst its in the garage be mad not to. Need to be ready to race at all times:grinning:

Sounds like the heat shield from the turbo could’ve been slightly better placed to protect the servo and hoses. But just one of those trackday things imo.
Front discs are warped slightly:grin: so getting new Brembo HC discs fitted with braided lines all round and new fluid. Whilst its in the garage be mad not to. Need to be ready to race at all times:grinning:

I think I may have warped mine too.....juddering under heavy braking.....:tired:

I suppose it's only at times like this, when you're properly giving it some, that little things come up that need ironing out. And as you say, so much better to be well prepared for the next time - then you can relax and enjoy it more!

I think I may have warped mine too.....juddering under heavy braking.....:tired:
Apologies if it's been mentioned before and i've missed it, but are you both running DS2500s?

no way Jimmy..Ben was driving like miss Daisy that day..if my horn was working i'd be right at it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
good news..all brand new discs..nummy...think my juddered a bit..will have to look into it..

Apologies if it's been mentioned before and i've missed it, but are you both running DS2500s?

Nope I'm only running standard pads, so might be as Chris has suggested...

Or pickup on the discs.

Common with lesser pads.

Will get it looked into anyway, along with my knocking exhaust amongst other things..:sweatsmile:

Still worth getting hold of a set of DS2500s @Big Ben ? Or should I wait until the next TD is planned and swap prior to that?

Reactions: DS197

Will get it looked into anyway, along with my knocking exhaust amongst other things..:sweatsmile:

Still worth getting hold of a set of DS2500s @Big Ben ? Or should I wait until the next TD is planned and swap prior to that?
If your pads have got meat left on them you might as well use that up first. Maybe a better pad before next track day would be beneficial

Performance friction z rated :wink: cheaper and people who have tried both says theyre in a different league. But it is personal preference.

Reactions: Benno
That’s the only 2 images from Bedford that are even halfway decent. 1st pic shows off the massive Forge intercooler but looks like I’m constipated!!
2nd one is not too bad

View attachment 117397 View attachment 117396

Seems it was a bit of pot luck with photos as you were certainly out on track more than me. I'd have loved a front end shot just to complete all the angles. You reckon you'll bother spending a tenner on these?

Seems it was a bit of pot luck with photos as you were certainly out on track more than me. I'd have loved a front end shot just to complete all the angles. You reckon you'll bother spending a tenner on these?
I won’t bother Micah. I’ve not got many photos from my trackdays that I’ve done. I’ve got plenty of good memories locked away though!

Reactions: Pav and Micah
I’m running ds2500. That was their 4/5th TD
@DS197
Cheers mate :smile: Looking forward to your thoughts on braided lines. Wanting to get them done soon too as the pedal feel isn't the best with the original hoses being nearly 10 years old.