Big Bens non Clio

Ben, you're bound to have some trepidation associated to such a major overhaul of the car.

My advice would be to focus on the post conversion thoughts of Pav and Sean. Neither of them have looked back!

Once the car is in, you've stepped over the line. You'll be fine then I reckon.

You've not gone into this lightly, your thoughts and reasons for doing it are still the same. Eyes on the prize mate!

Reactions: Pav
Ben, you're bound to have some trepidation associated to such a major overhaul of the car.

My advice would be to focus on the post conversion thoughts of Pav and Sean. Neither of them have looked back!

Once the car is in, you've stepped over the line. You'll be fine then I reckon.

You've not gone into this lightly, your thoughts and reasons for doing it are still the same. Eyes on the prize mate!
Yeah I'll be fine once it's out my hands as you say.
Dropping twice the amount of money that the cars worth on an engine transplant is probably crazy and is playing on my mind a bit.
Worried I'll over spend on the conversion as I do with everything on this car! Hate lying to the missus about anything lol
Will be a distant thought in a few weeks as I'm riding the surge of torque down my favourite roads:wink:

Reactions: jamesgw200 and Pav
Yeah I'll be fine once it's out my hands as you say.
Dropping twice the amount of money that the cars worth on an engine transplant is probably crazy and is playing on my mind a bit.
Worried I'll over spend on the conversion as I do with everything on this car! Hate lying to the missus about anything lol
Will be a distant thought in a few weeks as I'm riding the surge of torque down my favourite roads:wink:

Mate, ignore what the car is worth to sell. It means nothing. Especially with something like this. It's your enjoyment that counts here not what someone else might want to give you for it.

I'm bloody confident you'll only need one drive and you'll see it as money well spent!

Reactions: Big Ben
Mate, ignore what the car is worth to sell. It means nothing. Especially with something like this. It's your enjoyment that counts here not what someone else might want to give you for it.

I'm bloody confident you'll only need one drive and you'll see it as money well spent!
Like that train of thought. Ignore the cars worth because you're right I'm not selling. I'll stop sounding like a tart and be positive! Cheers

what on earth? Where did that come from Ben? Another NA bits the dust haha.

I remember you were thinking to sell at some point, you are now chucking a different engine in it, this is awesome!

good luck matey, keep up updated:smile:

Whatever you’re spending plus the sale price you could get for the 197 probably won’t be anywhere near what you’d end up spending on a different car that could deliver as much, and it’s not even your daily.
This new chapter makes absolute sense.

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
what on earth? Where did that come from Ben? Another NA bits the dust haha.

I remember you were thinking to sell at some point, you are now chucking a different engine in it, this is awesome!

good luck matey, keep up updated:smile:
Love hate relationship!:french:

Reactions: ///M
Big times, nervous times, expensive times, EXCITING times !

Im with you on looking as good as it's ever done though. And NOW you decide to rip it apart.

All in the aid of a happier life though.....

Looking forward to seeing your anticipation and excitement grow Ben !! (And i'm not going to wish you 'good luck' or any of that rubbish - because it won't be needed). Pain-free is how we like this shit to go down, right :smile:

Big times, nervous times, expensive times, EXCITING times !

Im with you on looking as good as it's ever done though. And NOW you decide to rip it apart.

All in the aid of a happier life though.....

Looking forward to seeing your anticipation and excitement grow Ben !! (And i'm not going to wish you 'good luck' or any of that rubbish - because it won't be needed). Pain-free is how we like this shit to go down, right :smile:
Amen Brother. :good:

1 more sleep:excited:

big day tmr Ben..bet you wont even sleep!!what's the time scale you were given by them??im sure all goes well without any major hiccups as they know exactly what they are doing.
the car looks awesome in the pictures and after the heart transplant it will put more expensive cars in shame,believe me!!
as above,neither myself nor Sean ever looked back..must admit that this was my craziest/most reckless but best thing i've ever done in relation to cars..

you will love it and if you dont,i'll buy you a breakfast and hire a stripper :uk:

ps hope you love it :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
big day tmr Ben..bet you wont even sleep!!what's the time scale you were given by them??im sure all goes well without any major hiccups as they know exactly what they are doing.
the car looks awesome in the pictures and after the heart transplant it will put more expensive cars in shame,believe me!!
as above,neither myself nor Sean ever looked back..must admit that this was my craziest/most reckless but best thing i've ever done in relation to cars..

you will love it and if you dont,i'll buy you a breakfast and hire a stripper :uk:

ps hope you love it :tearsofjoy:
It'll be fine mate. You won't need the stripper!!
99% certain I'll love it with no regrets. Can't wait to be honest.
After a couple of rides recently @Chris @jamesgw200 in boosted cars there's no doubt I want more power.

Build time of two weeks I've been told Pav. Sounds unlikely but as you say this isn't their first attempt so hopefully they'll stick to it:grinning: