Best Hybrid Bike????

Depends on budget but kona do a full carbon version which is the mutts nutts, I have a Kona Caldera myself and although nearly 7 years old I can't fault it for build quality.

I manage a bike shop, my current town bike is a Trek 7.3 FX. Awesome piece of kit for the money! They're a slightly shorter top tube when compared to a "flat bar roadie" so they're comfy around town.

I manage a bike shop, my current town bike is a Trek 7.3 FX. Awesome piece of kit for the money! They're a slightly shorter top tube when compared to a "flat bar roadie" so they're comfy around town.

Cheers. Would you recomend one and any other options?

Id definitely recommend one! (actually you can't go too wrong with any of the Trek fx range once you get above the 7.3)

Im now after something different (I've had my 7.3 for 2 years now and need to be seen on new bikes from a shop point of view) seeing as Im moving closer to work Ive ordered a Trek district belt drive SS, its the same frame as the fx just "cooler" and belt drive!

If I'm honest we carry 8 brands and Trek dominate our hybrid sales so I couldn't recommend anything better really... Unless you went a 29'er!

I initially tried putting road tires on a 29'er MTB 3 years ago for a customer buying a Gary Fisher Xcal, the results were awesome! If you can afford to spend the extra money you could get a mid level MTB that you can put 35c road slicks on... Just as fast as a hybrid but stock with hydro disc brakes and front suspension (don't bother with anything but air dampened suspension forks). If you ever want to get out in the mud you've also got a kickass setup to do so once you change the tires back... something like this http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain/cross_country/29er_race/x_caliber/# is ideal

Last edited: