'Best' exhaust manifold solution

As @DS197 said, upper torque arm bush and lower inserts, I'm running these and after they settle you only notice vibrations on idle a little :smile:

@Dystant @DS197 Ok im on the edge of ordering these to have them fitted when i get my manifold replaced, I use my car strictly as a road car, I dont always use it so bedding them in may take a year! my issue is I want to make my car better, im really afraid the vibration will be to much seeing some of the comments from you guys - how do you guys run your cars who have them are they just road cars or track and road cars?

This is just one of those mods im very cautious of, but I also hear what a good upgrade they are so im 50/50 on this!.

@Dystant @DS197 Ok im on the edge of ordering these to have them fitted when i get my manifold replaced, I use my car strictly as a road car, I dont always use it so bedding them in may take a year! my issue is I want to make my car better, im really afraid the vibration will be to much seeing some of the comments from you guys - how do you guys run your cars who have them are they just road cars or track and road cars?

This is just one of those mods im very cautious of, but I also hear what a good upgrade they are so im 50/50 on this!.

You'll be fine with just the lower mount and the torque mount fitted. It's the upper engine mount which is the worst for vibration (I have it fitted along with the other two and after 1 day I wanted it removed, but it's settled down now).

@Sean197 Thanks for your thoughts, K Tec advised Upper engine mount insert, upper gearbox insert & lower stabiliser insert they said the upper torque arm stabiliser causes to much vibration and will also stress the upper engine mount.

@Sean197 Thanks for your thoughts, K Tec advised Upper engine mount insert, upper gearbox insert & lower stabiliser insert they said the upper torque arm stabiliser causes to much vibration and will also stress the upper engine mount.

The upper engine mount is awful for vibrations, mine settled down and is fine when driving but it still shakes the glovebox etc. when at idle. I can't see how a Powerflex torque mount bush will stress the upper engine mount any more given that the engine will be moving less! As you've said your is a road car only, I'd avoid the upper engine mount altogether.

@kevlar the problem here is, vibrations that aren't that bad in my opinion, might be horrible in your opinion.

In my opinion I don't mind the vibrations, they're only really noticeable on idle when the dash rattles a little bit, but other than that it's fine.

I use my car daily to commute to/from work.

I agree with @Dystant. I had the lower engine mount and gearbox mount fitted together and the vibrations at idle were bad, but they were better after a week and from there they settled down to the point where I couldn't notice any additional vibrations at idle compared to before the mount inserts were fitted. I've had the torque arm bush fitted just over a week ago and that's nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned mount inserts. My car is just a road car and used as my daily so comfort is definitely a priority for me.

Last edited:
Just done the upper torque arm. It's made a big difference, zero vibration whiles driving. You can feel it on tick over and pulling off on low revs but no audible noise. It's made the initial pick up feel stronger too. Which is the next easiest to tackle? (This is my daily driver)

Reactions: Dystant
Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me regarding my 2008/57 Clio 197 I have just bought. Typically the manifold is foobarred, both the flexi's are knackered and the manifold has split up top.

I have jumped the gun and bought a Toyosport manifold and later looked to see it's de-cat. What are the implications of changing this over?

I'm pre-assuming that if I swap the original knackered manifold for this Toyosport de-cat one it will probably run terribly or not start at all. Someone has told me that if I replace the manifold and just put the back oxygen sensor to air it will run fine and the engine light will just be on.

Does anyone know if it best to get the cat mapped out?, to replace the units and it will be fine, or to get the cat somehow adapted to this new stainless steel manifold?

New toyo manifold will run with the secondary cat still in place. May need a remap to iron out any flat spots but get all your mods finished first before mapping it. Exhaust,induction etc..

New toyo manifold will run with the secondary cat still in place. May need a remap to iron out any flat spots but get all your mods finished first before mapping it. Exhaust,induction etc..

Thank you very much,

Only thing is I'm pretty sure this car has been tampered with before. The secondary Cat seems to be missing. There's nothing after the cat until the rear silencer which isn't very silent! I think i've bought a nail. I've had to replace so far hubs/front springs/lambda sensors/tyres/had the manifold welded(but failed)/iridium spark plugs/ oil & filters and its still running like a bag of crap.

This is the standard cat that should be between toyo manifold and exhaust if you want to pass an MOT. or a sports cat.

cat.png

Reactions: Jimmy
Hi, my Toyosport (fitted by previous owner) vibrates under hard acceleration against the subframe so have ordered the Powerflex PFF60-922 Upper Engine Mount Torque Arm Bush. For the lower engine mount, it looks like there may be two options; is it the PFF60-820 that I need to be ordering? Thanks.

Hi, my Toyosport (fitted by previous owner) vibrates under hard acceleration against the subframe so have ordered the Powerflex PFF60-922 Upper Engine Mount Torque Arm Bush. For the lower engine mount, it looks like there may be two options; is it the PFF60-820 that I need to be ordering? Thanks.
Depends which bracket you have. See the 2 detailed here
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/black-series/products/Clio+III+Sport+197-200+(2005+-+2012)-2879/1.html

• PFF60-820 Fits vehicles with a rubberized bracket, for vehicles with extruded alloy bracket use PFF60-526.