'Best' exhaust manifold solution

Power flex upper torque arm will be my next job. Which one though they do a black "race" one

From the powerflex website; the black ones are 25% stiffer and 80% more resistant.

Unless you don't mind more vibrations I'd just stick with the standard powerflex one, I think the black ones are intended for track cars where the roads are perfectly smooth.

From the powerflex website; the black ones are 25% stiffer and 80% more resistant.

Unless you don't mind more vibrations I'd just stick with the standard powerflex one, I think the black ones are intended for track cars where the roads are perfectly smooth.
Are the standard powerflex ones a lot better than the original Reno ones?

Loads of really good information gents thank you!

Given I've already got the uppper torque arm poly insert I'll take a look at the other poly mounts and strongly consider the TS manifold.

Would an engine damper help in the same way as these stiffer mounts?

Loads of really good information gents thank you!

Given I've already got the uppper torque arm poly insert I'll take a look at the other poly mounts and strongly consider the TS manifold.

Would an engine damper help in the same way as these stiffer mounts?

That's effectively what the upper torque mount is, so as you already have the Powerflex bush fitted to that all I'd advise for now is the lower engine mount and you should have no issues at all. I had both fitted, along with the upper engine mount, and had no knocking at all with the Toyo manifold.

Is that linked manifold straight fit, or do it need some kind of modifications for perfect fit? It may give some little performance punch because it lacks precats.
Not bad price..
Are all these "Toyosport" ? because no any brand in ebay links..

Is that linked manifold straight fit, or do it need some kind of modifications for perfect fit? It may give some little performance punch because it lacks precats.
Not bad price..
Are all these "Toyosport" ? because no any brand in ebay links..

Fits straight on, but as mentioned in this thread it's best to fit the Powerflex lower bush and torque mount bush to stop it hitting the subframe.
they're probably all made at the same factory, but not all are branded.

Right, I've got a TS manifold and bush inserts now.

Has anyone heat wrapped their manifold to reduce noise? Will provide some padding if it ever knocks against the subframe too.

Beginning to hate this forum now @sevenfourate, my cars going to have the K Tec manifold fitted end of the month reading this its making me think I should get some powerflex goodness going on at the same time... What would you all suggest for the least amount of vibration...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Beginning to hate this forum now @sevenfourate, my cars going to have the K Tec manifold fitted end of the month reading this its making me think I should get some powerflex goodness going on at the same time... What would you all suggest for the least amount of vibration...
The thing is the vibrations are only an issue when idling and they die over time anyway, so it would be worth getting the gearbox, lower engine and torque arm inserts. They really do make so much of a difference.