Best £20 ive ever spent

I have the standard projector lights without xenons. Eventually i got fed up of the dull halogen light and with my last 2 cars having xenons i needed those back. So a quick search on ebay and i bought this kit. Item number: 330789047472 massive improvement and cheap as hell :thumbup1:

Its a very slim ballast too so packs away nicely into the slot where the OEM ballast would usually sit, used 2 self tapper screw to hold it in place.

I am considering nightbreakers for lowbeams, because HID kits are illegal and would not pass mot check here.

I am considering nightbreakers for lowbeams, because HID kits are illegal and would not pass mot check here.

I did consider those myself but since ive got projectors the best way to go was xenon. The mot tester will have to be anal to mention these as the beam pattern is good and everything still looks OEM.

The law on these seems to be a minefield, but I was always under the impression that a) fitting HIDS to a light unit that wasn't designed for them originally was illegal and b) xenon headlights are required by law to have headlight washers fitted. Reading online though it seems even the police and mot testers are not all that clear on the law.

The law on these seems to be a minefield, but I was always under the impression that a) fitting HIDS to a light unit that wasn't designed for them originally was illegal and b) xenon headlights are required by law to have headlight washers fitted. Reading online though it seems even the police and mot testers are not all that clear on the law.

It's a very grey area online, on direct gov guidelines it states..

daf80e4bd4c066aa37e172090023db6b.jpg

Last edited:
Im well aware of the rules around these. The light is much better i can actually see. Im not blinding people like most hid kits when they are in a reflector, these are behind a projector like proper ones. I only posted this here just incase anybody was looking to do it themselves, so the only question you have to ask yourself is are bothered about the rules? Lol.

[MENTION=53062]Tomo9700[/MENTION] Do you have any pictures of these installed? And which temperature output did you go for? Must admit I'm fairly tempted at that price :smile:

[MENTION=53062]Tomo9700[/MENTION] Do you have any pictures of these installed? And which temperature output did you go for? Must admit I'm fairly tempted at that price :smile:

Not yet but they look 100x better! The difference is amazing i can see far more and further. I went for 6000k as i normally do, white light with a tint of blue.