Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Great report Ben! It really was a cracking couple of days. Roll on #TeamClique 2! Hope the noise you're hearing is nothing serious. Car is getting better by the month. I'm not sure about the nostril grills myself. Better with standard & maybe tricolour stickers. Enjoy revisiting Belgium on your Brugges trip in the coach.

Loved every minute mate. Keen to get another trip sorted for the summer for definite!

Tricolour stickers are being considered for sure. 90% sure standard grilles will go back on, Chris showed me an easier way to get them in and out too so I can paint them myself!

Really not sure about the noise, intermittent when idling but something really isn't right for it to use the amount of oil it has. Gut wrenching when I nearly emptied that 5L bottle to top it up this morning....

P.S. sat here having kittens about some of the streets I've got to take a coach down!!

@Benno

Mate. That’s the second best post of the year. It would be the first, but come on, we all saw @Sean197 ’s mock up of the RB 200 on gold wheels.

Sounds like you’ve had an absolute belter and come home safe and sound with a few stories to tell!

What a job you’re doing on your car as well. I’m sure it’s properly good fun now.

Bloody ace post mate.

What a great write up Ben...im so happy for you and everybody else who went as it looks great..a few scary moments is good as you learn that way..have had a few of these in my lifetime...
Hope you get your issues sorted soon..if not,time for a Megane lump:thumb:

Glad you got home ok mate, I'm just about over the heat stroke I was getting off your engine in the train this afternoon, thought I was going to chunder my Burger King back up! I'll get the GoPro footage sorted ASAP :wink:
Great post, unforgettable trip - here's to next year!

Last edited:
Try and get a video of the noise mate and I'll hopefully be able to help diagnose the noise.
Unfortunately though, when the f4r engines use oil it's usually a sign of a terminal illness in the form of broken ringlands on the pistons, or its valve guides worn/seals fucked.

Reactions: Benno
@Benno

Mate. That’s the second best post of the year. It would be the first, but come on, we all saw @Sean197 ’s mock up of the RB 200 on gold wheels.

Sounds like you’ve had an absolute belter and come home safe and sound with a few stories to tell!

What a job you’re doing on your car as well. I’m sure it’s properly good fun now.

Bloody ace post mate.

Completely agree!! What a mock up!

Appreciate it Mes, means a lot coming from you mate! It’s been one hell of a trip and I don’t think I stopped laughing or grinning throughout the entire time.

Car is feeling great. Various passenger rides have given me ideas for sure. The only thing I’m annoyed about is not pre-empting the weather and buying a set of Rainsports to go on John’s Speedlines. I think that may have made the day EVEN MORE enjoyable - if that’s even possible.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and ///M
What a great write up Ben...im so happy for you and everybody else who went as it looks great..a few scary moments is good as you learn that way..have had a few of these in my lifetime...
Hope you get your issues sorted soon..if not,time for a Megane lump:thumb:

Think that will possibly have to be the case if terminal! Kick in the teeth after doing the cambelt etc so recently but that’s life! Never had any really bad issues in my year of ownership so I’ve been lucky compared to some. Scary moment on that last lap for sure but I actually quite enjoyed the 180 spin haha!!

Glad you got home ok mate, I'm just about over the heat stroke I was getting off your engine in the train this afternoon, thought I was going to thunder my Burger King back up! I'll get the GoPro footage sorted ASAP :wink:
Great post, unforgettable trip - here's to next year!

Funniest thing was that I was joking about it being cooler at the other end of the carriage - didn’t expect that it actually would be!!

Can’t wait to hear your sarcastic comment on this video! :wink:

Try and get a video of the noise mate and I'll hopefully be able to help diagnose the noise.
Unfortunately though, when the f4r engines use oil it's usually a sign of a terminal illness in the form of broken ringlands on the pistons, or its valve guides worn/seals fucked.

I’ll buzz a video over to you in the morning mate! I must admit there was a point we were sat waiting to get on the train that I didn’t think I’d make it back to England let alone home...!

Oil usage has never been great but never as bad as this week for sure. @rupe30 spotted a bit of exhaust smoke when I was booting it on track too...

I’ll buzz a video over to you in the morning mate! I must admit there was a point we were sat waiting to get on the train that I didn’t think I’d make it back to England let alone home...!

Oil usage has never been great but never as bad as this week for sure. @rupe30 spotted a bit of exhaust smoke when I was booting it on track too...
Nice one mate. Ah that's definitely sounding like a ringland issue then. What oil you running it on?

Sounds like you’ve had a good time.. bad news about possible car troubles... last thing anyone needs especially after having belts done etc!
Hopefully it’s not too a biggy

Reactions: Benno
Sounds like you’ve had a good time.. bad news about possible car troubles... last thing anyone needs especially after having belts done etc!
Hopefully it’s not too a biggy

Cheers Chris, yeah bit of an annoying one! Cracking day on track despite the weather, just typical that it would happen!

Reactions: Beany
Mate, loved this shot so did a little edit on it to colour correct everything and sharpen your car and make the wheels a lot clearer. And sorting the bright spots on your roof and bonnet, and a few other little bits. :smile:

Definitely click for the big version.

benno.jpg

Mate, loved this shot so did a little edit on it to colour correct everything and sharpen your car and make the wheels a lot clearer. And sorting the bright spots on your roof and bonnet, and a few other little bits. :smile:

Definitely click for the big version.

View attachment 122574

That is epic mate!! May send you a couple more tomorrow if that’s alright with you?

Reactions: ///M
who is driving your baby Ben??

Was waiting for someone to comment! :wink:

That's Ian, James knew him from the Megane forum and he came along. Dab hand behind the wheel and showed me loads of tips to speed my laps up, even to the point where I had the Traction Control off all afternoon, something I've never been brave enough to do until he gave me a few lessons!! Top bloke.

Reactions: Pav and Johnny 99

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3