Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Cheers man. I've had a price off Safety Devices for a rear cage with cross diagonals and a harness bar - £450+vat. Shipping is £65+vat and they can paint it for £50+vat on top. Not cheap but it's high quality.

Not sure where you are but I've also had a price for a bolt in one to be fabricated in South Wales for £400 powdercoated, but they'd want the car for 3 or 4 days. Imagine if that's not local you could get something similar closer to you from an engineering company.

Reactions: G8RSH
good to hear from you..i know what you mean..the winter months suck really...
good news on your box though..must feel reassuring having a decent box in ...hope all goes well buddy :thumb:

Reactions: Benno
good to hear from you..i know what you mean..the winter months suck really...
good news on your box though..must feel reassuring having a decent box in ...hope all goes well buddy :thumb:

Exactly mate. Just keeping my head down and banging in the hours at work, unfortunately leading to being knackered and not having time to get on here!! Trevor doing a meg swap is still playing in my mind massively, I think a passenger lap or two in Ben's at Spa will seal the deal. Drove one a few weeks back and absolutely loved every second, so much fun.

Reactions: Big Ben
Exactly mate. Just keeping my head down and banging in the hours at work, unfortunately leading to being knackered and not having time to get on here!! Trevor doing a meg swap is still playing in my mind massively, I think a passenger lap or two in Ben's at Spa will seal the deal. Drove one a few weeks back and absolutely loved every second, so much fun.
200w.webp

Had a catch-up here. You're really going places. A right shaker and a mover :smile: BIG things happened and ticked off the list....

Have a great trip to Spa buddy. Drive hard, party harder afterwards and stay safe. PLENTY OF PICS !

Had a catch-up here. You're really going places. A right shaker and a mover :smile: BIG things happened and ticked off the list....

Have a great trip to Spa buddy. Drive hard, party harder afterwards and stay safe. PLENTY OF PICS !

Loving it mate. Lots of things bouncing around my head, need a better paying job!!

Speedlines on the way soon :wink:

Cheers man. I've had a price off Safety Devices for a rear cage with cross diagonals and a harness bar - £450+vat. Shipping is £65+vat and they can paint it for £50+vat on top. Not cheap but it's high quality.

Not sure where you are but I've also had a price for a bolt in one to be fabricated in South Wales for £400 powdercoated, but they'd want the car for 3 or 4 days. Imagine if that's not local you could get something similar closer to you from an engineering company.

I've got a friend who has started up local to me, even got as far as ordering in the CDS, then decided not to. But every time I see one fitted I want one lol !

I've got a friend who has started up local to me, even got as far as ordering in the CDS, then decided not to. But every time I see one fitted I want one lol !

Same here man! Been round to a mate’s garage today, I found him a stripped 197 on here a few months back and he bought it.

Walk in to find him fitting a Safety Devices cage!!! Going to be a great bit of kit when it’s done.

8a2ff0b6ee9365d87d1ba1f0ef52f14a.jpg

P.S. wiper is coming off Monday so will message you if it comes off alright!

happy days Ben..glad you have decided to go ahead with this..you will not be disappointed :thumb:

Gotta start reading into everything in much more depth but the idea of a turbo Clio with approx 300bhp and VVT makes me very happy. Will be a lot of money spent but will be SO worth it.

Naturally aspirated Clios are going to have rarity value soon with all these Meg swaps!

Will keep hold of my 197 engine I think, will be worth some money in the future! :wink:

I love my 197 but it's just crying out for power at the bottom end. 250 is a different ball game to the 225 I've been told. Won't be a 5 min job either, but my mate is keen and so am I. Let the overtime commence.

Reactions: Pav
Late night last night finishing prep for this week. Back seats out and cleaned underneath (absolute biohazard), hoovered and Auto Finesse Total’d all trims etc.

3F1572BC-2E6D-4EED-9A60-C66CC9C42C99.jpeg

In the process of loading the car this morning, I’m constantly feeling like I’m forgetting something! Passport, check...V5 & insurance certificate, check...money...check.

Pit stop down to Chris in Ashford first for a steering arm change and a few little bits here and there, fingers crossed the weather holds out long enough to wash and get a coat of polish on it!

Late night last night finishing prep for this week. Back seats out and cleaned underneath (absolute biohazard), hoovered and Auto Finesse Total’d all trims etc.

View attachment 122406

In the process of loading the car this morning, I’m constantly feeling like I’m forgetting something! Passport, check...V5 & insurance certificate, check...money...check.

Pit stop down to Chris in Ashford first for a steering arm change and a few little bits here and there, fingers crossed the weather holds out long enough to wash and get a coat of polish on it!
Mine is going to be the filthiest car there then after the run down from Scotland. Might go in search of a hand car wash, but they were all closed yesterday so probably will be today too.

Do tell!

SPA...!

I’m genuinely quite sad that I’ve just got home and the trip is over. Been so excited for this since I booked it at the Christmas meal, how time flies!

Left home Monday morning, down to Ashford for Chris to do my O/S steering arm to remove the play in the wheel, amongst a few other things.

2efd917124e7afe94181dfe82f5415c8.jpg

Fire extinguisher fitted in the passenger side footwell, giving me full access to it if I need it without having to move from my seat.

07e3d03d9e5559ea0daddff0f45b6c39.jpg

Replaced the seals around the back windows which were shot...

a52522659cf6de7c730d5158ab6e8a1d.jpg

Fitted the new grilles, they’re okay but not sure if they’re to my taste. Will be staying until I get my grilles coated with some Gtechniq and back to a decent shade of black rather than grey, then I’ll make a decision on them.

f5ea627bb24b121dd988458f3ee61251.jpg

Also finally fitted my gear gaiter from Royal Steering Wheels! Interior is slowly coming together.

After Chris finished, ran round to Halfords for a cheap temporary boot net to hold everything where it needed to be for the journey!

d8dc0be45766661abaad12061f8eddc7.jpg

Then it was down to Folkestone to meet up with some of the lads who were staying with me overnight so we could get some shut eye...

Tuesday morning, 6:15am, after a lap of the M20 and a sizeable convoy of Renault Sports inadvertently driving down the wrong side of a road in Folkestone, we made it to the Tunnel. Met up with the rest of the guys and off we went!!

e3a298b47900558206400731dedc7400.jpg

c0a696357a0089ad6ef2239cfcf0b61d.jpg

After the drive we explored Spa and the circuit itself for the afternoon, ahead of the big day!

c81653ff2bff8c5c0b51e849c7b4f523.jpg

cc028d9b953766850b5e66aeb252899d.jpg

Cut forward to Wednesday morning, briefing done, nervous as hell, some serious kit booked on.

bdfd972dfc17bf492bb1f7d20c01f566.jpg

Got the sighting laps done and realised what an incredible place Spa really is.

Had several moments in the wet in the morning on the cold AD08r’s, but after it dried out and I had a bit of free tuition off of Ian who had a Mk2 Megane (which blew a turbo a few laps into the day...) I was loving every second of it and my pace was getting better as it dried out.

Then with Niall in the car with me and a sudden shower of rain, I span the car 180 degrees at Pouhon! Interesting experience for sure, funny nonetheless!

A bit more rain came in the afternoon and we all decided to go out for one last session before the end of the day.

Had a massive moment at Stavelot, unsure as to what happened. Came round slowly as it was so greasy and the tyres decided not to grip anymore, ended up facing the barrier and ending up inches from it!! @Micah then drove past me with his GoPro on.....

Thumbs up and a wave of the green flag from the marshal on the other side and I headed back to the pits for a Clio197.net photo shoot with everyone!

33c8b3f19efdf7bb3aab32a643f50095.jpg

8bf47494d4f6433750313e1deb789d11.jpg

63eedebea48f632fc743925cbd2d922e.jpg

All in all an absolutely hilarious and brilliant trip, I will certainly be back to Spa asap. Worth it just to see for your own eyes, what a camera portrays is so different!

The only downside.....my car has consumed a stupid amount of oil over the last few days and I’m quite concerned about a noise when it starts...temperature level normal on the dash but after 10 minutes turned off on the train home, it was extremely hot under the bonnet. Need to do some fault finding...

SPA...!

I’m genuinely quite sad that I’ve just got home and the trip is over. Been so excited for this since I booked it at the Christmas meal, how time flies!

Left home Monday morning, down to Ashford for Chris to do my O/S steering arm to remove the play in the wheel, amongst a few other things.

2efd917124e7afe94181dfe82f5415c8.jpg

Fire extinguisher fitted in the passenger side footwell, giving me full access to it if I need it without having to move from my seat.

07e3d03d9e5559ea0daddff0f45b6c39.jpg

Replaced the seals around the back windows which were shot...

a52522659cf6de7c730d5158ab6e8a1d.jpg

Fitted the new grilles, they’re okay but not sure if they’re to my taste. Will be staying until I get my grilles coated with some Gtechniq and back to a decent shade of black rather than grey, then I’ll make a decision on them.

f5ea627bb24b121dd988458f3ee61251.jpg

Also finally fitted my gear gaiter from Royal Steering Wheels! Interior is slowly coming together.

After Chris finished, ran round to Halfords for a cheap temporary boot net to hold everything where it needed to be for the journey!

d8dc0be45766661abaad12061f8eddc7.jpg

Then it was down to Folkestone to meet up with some of the lads who were staying with me overnight so we could get some shut eye...

Tuesday morning, 6:15am, after a lap of the M20 and a sizeable convoy of Renault Sports inadvertently driving down the wrong side of a road in Folkestone, we made it to the Tunnel. Met up with the rest of the guys and off we went!!

e3a298b47900558206400731dedc7400.jpg

c0a696357a0089ad6ef2239cfcf0b61d.jpg

After the drive we explored Spa and the circuit itself for the afternoon, ahead of the big day!

c81653ff2bff8c5c0b51e849c7b4f523.jpg

cc028d9b953766850b5e66aeb252899d.jpg

Cut forward to Wednesday morning, briefing done, nervous as hell, some serious kit booked on.

bdfd972dfc17bf492bb1f7d20c01f566.jpg

Got the sighting laps done and realised what an incredible place Spa really is.

Had several moments in the wet in the morning on the cold AD08r’s, but after it dried out and I had a bit of free tuition off of Ian who had a Mk2 Megane (which blew a turbo a few laps into the day...) I was loving every second of it and my pace was getting better as it dried out.

Then with Niall in the car with me and a sudden shower of rain, I span the car 180 degrees at Pouhon! Interesting experience for sure, funny nonetheless!

A bit more rain came in the afternoon and we all decided to go out for one last session before the end of the day.

Had a massive moment at Stavelot, unsure as to what happened. Came round slowly as it was so greasy and the tyres decided not to grip anymore, ended up facing the barrier and ending up inches from it!! @Micah then drove past me with his GoPro on.....

Thumbs up and a wave of the green flag from the marshal on the other side and I headed back to the pits for a Clio197.net photo shoot with everyone!

33c8b3f19efdf7bb3aab32a643f50095.jpg

8bf47494d4f6433750313e1deb789d11.jpg

63eedebea48f632fc743925cbd2d922e.jpg

All in all an absolutely hilarious and brilliant trip, I will certainly be back to Spa asap. Worth it just to see for your own eyes, what a camera portrays is so different!

The only downside.....my car has consumed a stupid amount of oil over the last few days and I’m quite concerned about a noise when it starts...temperature level normal on the dash but after 10 minutes turned off on the train home, it was extremely hot under the bonnet. Need to do some fault finding...
Great report Ben! It really was a cracking couple of days. Roll on #TeamClique 2! Hope the noise you're hearing is nothing serious. Car is getting better by the month. I'm not sure about the nostril grills myself. Better with standard & maybe tricolour stickers. Enjoy revisiting Belgium on your Brugges trip in the coach.

Reactions: Sean197 and Benno

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3