Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

So as everyone already knows as nobody has stopped banging on about it, we all went to Bedford for a nice leisurely day out......

Great company, great track (minus the morning weather) and a great car to drive round in.

Photos don't do justice of how much fun I (and the rest) had throughout the day and after finally getting the proofs through from Rob, I thought it would be rude not to have them. Here are a small selection, not as much of a variety as others which is a little bit of a shame, no rear end views :worried:

1eryaf.jpg

20kaz9d.jpg

2btxr5.jpg

I've decided to dump the rubbish cheap gearbox oil the garage put in, a lot smoother than it was before however I doubt it's ever been properly changed and to be honest if it isn't the proper oil I imagine it's doing more harm than good...

Exhaust is knocking too so need to get the car on the ramps when the boss is out of the way for half an hour and have a look underneath..

Apart from those little issues and the front brakes vibrating under full load, everything went really well and I thoroughly enjoyed my first proper trackday. Onto the next one..

i love hearing more and more positive feedback about last Saturday..car looked well Ben..hope you manage to sort your exhaust rattle too..had same on mine and it drove me crazy...
lovely pisc:thumb:

Reactions: Benno
i love hearing more and more positive feedback about last Saturday..car looked well Ben..hope you manage to sort your exhaust rattle too..had same on mine and it drove me crazy...
lovely pisc:thumb:

Cheers mate! Mine sounds like it's banging against something when I go over a bump...when in reverse it rattles massively, really annoying...

Still need to stand outside and let someone else drive, haven't heard it from outside yet! Might be a task to be completed at Grantham...:excited:

Lol Pav's exhaust woes were well heard on this forum, he never shut up about it until it finally got fixed lol (by making it louder funnily enough)!

Car looks awesome Ben, really does, love the wheels (but I'm biased as I'm considering them myself :wink: )

Just caught up on your thread Ben. I hadn’t realised you’d done so much prior to Bedford. The colour looks stunning in the pics too. Funny how we’ve all had varying degrees of photos taken, just the luck of the draw I guess!
Sounds to me like you need a new exhaust system [emoji6]

Reactions: Pav and Benno
Just caught up on your thread Ben. I hadn’t realised you’d done so much prior to Bedford. The colour looks stunning in the pics too. Funny how we’ve all had varying degrees of photos taken, just the luck of the draw I guess!

Your a bad influence!

Reactions: Micah
Lol Pav's exhaust woes were well heard on this forum, he never shut up about it until it finally got fixed lol (by making it louder funnily enough)!

Car looks awesome Ben, really does, love the wheels (but I'm biased as I'm considering them myself :wink: )

The wheels are amazing! Really don't want to take them off but I want to save the Yokos plus I guess it's a good excuse to get them touched up for the summer...:excited: They'd DEFINITELY suit yours and you should DEFINITELY buy them. :laughing:

Thanks Micah! Fair bit of work done already, but so much more to do...better pads needed before the next track session, possibly braided hoses and fresh fluid too. I'm also starting to think about bushes and various suspension related items, all comes down to money at the end of the day, spent a hell of a lot on garage costs for absolutely nothing in the last week or so, this month is a little tight now for parts...I would have snapped up the Sprint spoiler on here if I had the money going spare!!

Really mixed bag of pictures! I have a few more but all the same angle from the lap before/after so didn't see the point in posting them all...the colour has come out really well in the photos, such a vibrant shade! Not enough black on there yet though..

Don't even go there about re exhaust...I was bricking it getting through the static noise test at Bedford and that's with a Resonated Scorpion system as it is...part of me really wants to go asbo and buy the Ktec Y pipe for the manifold...don't know where I'd stand in terms of noise though..

The wheels are amazing! Really don't want to take them off but I want to save the Yokos plus I guess it's a good excuse to get them touched up for the summer...:excited: They'd DEFINITELY suit yours and you should DEFINITELY buy them. :laughing:

Thanks Micah! Fair bit of work done already, but so much more to do...better pads needed before the next track session, possibly braided hoses and fresh fluid too. I'm also starting to think about bushes and various suspension related items, all comes down to money at the end of the day, spent a hell of a lot on garage costs for absolutely nothing in the last week or so, this month is a little tight now for parts...I would have snapped up the Sprint spoiler on here if I had the money going spare!!

Really mixed bag of pictures! I have a few more but all the same angle from the lap before/after so didn't see the point in posting them all...the colour has come out really well in the photos, such a vibrant shade! Not enough black on there yet though..

Don't even go there about re exhaust...I was bricking it getting through the static noise test at Bedford and that's with a Resonated Scorpion system as it is...part of me really wants to go asbo and buy the Ktec Y pipe for the manifold...don't know where I'd stand in terms of noise though..

Im gutted they don't do them in white tbh. You do loose a slight bit of definition with a black wheel, opposed to a coloured wheel! We'll see come new year and how much money Christmas has cost me lol!

Im gutted they don't do them in white tbh. You do loose a slight bit of definition with a black wheel, opposed to a coloured wheel! We'll see come new year and how much money Christmas has cost me lol!

Colour is in the pipeline for one set of wheels, just haven't decided which set or which colour..

Reactions: Chris
Colour is in the pipeline for one set of wheels, just haven't decided which set or which colour..

Oooo - you going to shed some light?

Im so fancying a white wheel, but don't fancy paying another £200+ for a full spray of a brand new set of wheels.

Oooo - you going to shed some light?

Im so fancying a white wheel, but don't fancy paying another £200+ for a full spray of a brand new set of wheels.

Couldn't bring myself to have a brand new set of wheels sprayed, seems wrong to me...

My initial thought was to put the 200s back to a standard anthracite type colour, but I think that's pretty boring...white is playing on my mind but don't know how well it would suit the car. The other current thought is looking into @///M 's realm of bronze/gold...

Reactions: Chris
You will absolutely get black flagged for noise with the Y pipe, I’m certain.

Couldn't bring myself to have a brand new set of wheels sprayed, seems wrong to me...

My initial thought was to put the 200s back to a standard anthracite type colour, but I think that's pretty boring...white is playing on my mind but don't know how well it would suit the car. The other current thought is looking into @///M 's realm of bronze/gold...

Remind me in the day tomorrow. I’ve done a UR / bronze combo recently. I’ll dig it out. If I remember correctly it was 197 wheels but it might help.

Can tell you right away that personally I think bronze or gold looks so good with UR.

Courtesy of @///M I disagree about the definition of black wheels [emoji6]

534abdee75387ea9d2012ba93b52dcbd.jpg

Nah, just showing off how awesome he’s made the picture!

Yep, that looks absolutely insane! I genuinely like these more and more every time I look at them! Akra needed though if I was to buy one!!

Remind me in the day tomorrow. I’ve done a UR / bronze combo recently. I’ll dig it out. If I remember correctly it was 197 wheels but it might help.

Can tell you right away that personally I think bronze or gold looks so good with UR.

I will do that! I think Bronze 200s and Black Sparcos would be a great combination...both compliment the UR without looking out of place!

haha.it will never be forgotten i see :excited:

Nice little report on Bedford mate. Car does indeed look great!!
Those black wheels are pretty awesome...
Hope you get to the bottom of your niggles. Every 197 owner has experience in what your up against. You’re in good company!!

Reactions: Pav and Benno

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3