Before and after . Pleased with the results.

I'm sure @sevenfourate will approve of this clean engine bay. Good work, need to sort mine out. It can only be described as deep black meets 42,000 miles of use with no attention under the bonnet. Any tips on what to use and where to start?

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm sure @sevenfourate will approve of this clean engine bay. Good work, need to sort mine out. It can only be described as deep black meets 42,000 miles of use with no attention under the bonnet. Any tips on what to use and where to start?
Do not despair, mines done 90k, Clean first start on something big ie engine cover it,ll give you some encouragement to continue with the other bits and bobs quite a simple engine to tart up really. may the elbow grease be with you..lol

pretty sure Syer is ordering paint as we speak..
good result that..makes it look much nicer..any prep before or just brush painted straight on??

pretty sure Syer is ordering paint as we speak..
good result that..makes it look much nicer..any prep before or just brush painted straight on??

Syer's is fortunately one of the better condition inlets he's seen with barely a hint of Aluminium corrosion. So Syer doesn't feel the need to paint his.

However: if someone here offered to wrap Syer's with heatproof Carbon wrap in exchange for some beer-tokens - Syer would definitely accept :smile:

***Nice job on the bay though Gav. Looks an awful lot fresher and cleaner :smile:

Reactions: Gav16 and Pav
As long as its clean go for it.
Syer's is fortunately one of the better condition inlets he's seen with barely a hint of Aluminium corrosion. So Syer doesn't feel the need to paint his.

However: if someone here offered to wrap Syer's with heatproof Carbon wrap in exchange for some beer-tokens - Syer would definitely accept :smile:

***Nice job on the bay though Gav. Looks an awful lot fresher and cleaner :smile:
if Syer refers himself in the 3rd person at the xmas meal,Pav may be up for the trade :good:

Looks very tidy, nice work!

Might do this myself and pain the manifold black, looks good. :smiley:

Reactions: Gav16